Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWT samples not working

I installed Roo 1.1.0 M3 on my Macbook with JDK 1.6.0.x
    I wanted to check out the GWT integration with Roo and so I tried running "expenses.roo". The script completed succesfully but when I brought up the server using "mvn tomcat:run" and invoke http://localhost:8080/extrack on the browser, it shows a label at the left top that says "Loading". Even after a minute, nothing shows up on the browser. The same is the experience on Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

Thinking that it must be something with the expenses project, I tried the gwtNoEntities.roo. It also gives the same exact result.

So then I tried running "gwt setup" on my own project. The setup command executed successfully but then when I did "perform package", it throws a bunch of compilation errors:
    Code:
    Perforce/smartly/src/main/java/com/Project_Roo_Json.aj:7:0::0 The import flexjson cannot be resolved
    [Thread-5] error at import flexjson.JSONSerializer;
    [Thread-5]        ^^^^^^^
    Anybody else run into this issue?
    Any help would be appreciated.

I had a fair learning curve trying to get Roo, GWT, STS and TC to play together nicely. I have made the following observations.

1. GWT Setup only adds dependencies and creates code to glue the GWT client side with the server side. Is there a way to make it to talk to the spring controllers instead of calling methods defined in your domain via reflection and GWT (Server side)
    2. When deploying to TC make sure your M2_REPO container classpath is exported. I think this can be a source of your problem.
    3. You still need to enable GWT in your ROO project if using STS as your development environment. E.g Run As -> Web Application

I am so new to this stuff but I like what I see. Finally I get to jump on something early in its life cycle.

Comment

Hi.
      I have the same problem with M3 release on win, JDK 6.

Only I get it when running "perform tests"

bård

Comment

Seemed like the problem was because my ten-minute test example were partly created by M2 release, and then continued on M3.

Bård

Comment

Sounds like your Roo 1.1.0.M2-created pom.xml referred to the old GWT repository. Glad you sorted it out by using M3 on a fresh project.

Cheers
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Alex View Post
            Sounds like your Roo 1.1.0.M2-created pom.xml referred to the old GWT repository. Glad you sorted it out by using M3 on a fresh project.

Cheers
            Ben

I just upgraded to 1.1.0.M3 is there an upgrade step? or what is the process?

Thanks
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by scmikes View Post
              I just upgraded to 1.1.0.M3 is there an upgrade step? or what is the process?

Thanks
              Mike

Sorry to answer my post. I did not want anyone to wastetime

I found http://static.springsource.org/sprin...l/upgrade.html

I will follow the steps to update the pom.xml and report back

Thanks
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X