X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on creating new GWT/Roo Project

Currently I'm getting an xml validation error after creating a new roo project and executing the expenses.roo script.

Here are 2 of the validation errors that I get
    Multiple annotations found at this line:
    - Cannot locate BeanDefinitionParser for element [resources]
    - cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for
    element 'mvc:resources'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I get the same thing running STS 2.3.3M2

I simply deleted the offending lines as a work around to see if I could get a simple project working - no luck.

Can anyone get Roo 1.1.0 M3 to work with STS 2.3.3M2?

Do we need to install a new GWT plug-in?

Comment

I am seeing this too. Some things happened when I updated my book sample files to 1.1.0.M3:

1. Roo added the JSon .aj files
      2. Roo didn't add @RooJson to the entity (don't know if this is critical)
      3. Roo didn't add the flexjson library to my pom.xml file (I added it manually by copying from a new m3 project)
      4. Roo didn't upgrade the Spring version from 3.0.2.RELEASE, I updated manually to 3.0.4

Now it compiles, but I get the same error you do:

DispatcherServlet - Context initialization failed
      [INFO] org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionStoreException: Line 14 in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/webmvc-config.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'mvc:resources'.

I'm thinking something happened with the upgrade. I'm going to create a brand-new project with my one entity and try to generate GWT again.

Ken

Comment

I've tried a brand new project and I'm getting:

Description Resource Path Location Type
        cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'mvc:default-servlet-handler'. webmvc-config.xml /VeeItinerary/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 20 XML Problem

Description Resource Path Location Type
        cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'mvc:resources'. webmvc-config.xml /VeeItinerary/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 14 XML Problem

^^ error 4 times

This is after some spring roo cleanup to make it compile that far

Overall, I'm increasingly unimpressed.

Comment

Roo team: is it possible nobody updated the public XML schema for the Spring MVC namespace to support the new resources tag? It seems like the one online does NOT have the newest features.

Ken
          Last edited by krimple; Aug 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Same error in expenses.roo or gwtNoEntities.roo script

Hi ,,,

I am trying to build using roo-1.1.0.M3, with gwt-2.1.M3 in STS 2.2.3.M2.

It is is causing from webmvc-config.xml in the following lines

<mvc:resources location="classpath:/META-INF/dojo/" mapping="/resources/dojo/**"/>
            <mvc:resources location="classpath:/META-INF/dijit/" mapping="/resources/dijit/**"/>
            <mvc:resources location="classpath:/META-INF/spring/" mapping="/resources/spring/**"/>
            <mvc:resources location="/" mapping="/resources/**"/>

<!-- Allows for mapping the DispatcherServlet to "/" by forwarding static resource requests to the container's default Servlet -->
            <mvc:default-servlet-handler/>

Any help or alternative is greatly helpful.

Thanks
            V

Comment

has ANYONE gotten this to work?

I'm getting a bunch of these same errors both with my own roo script and the examples. Has anyone gotten a GWT project successfully built and running with 1.1M3? If so, what's the trick! I was very patiently waiting for M3 to be released so I could dive into my own project, so it's pretty disappointing that nothing seems to work.

Roo team...any suggestions? If there are new steps we must follow can you publish a new blog post similar to: http://blog.springsource.com/2010/06...h-roo-and-gwt/

Comment

Expenses GWT up &amp; running on 1.1.0M3

Guys,

It works for me...
                I enabled 1.1.0.M3, and execute two commands:
                1) roo script expenses.roo
                2) mvn gwt:run

That's it.

I suggest make sure environment vars are properly set. If carry stuff from old versions this is source of weird errors.

Thx

jD

Note: I worked with the shell not sts

Comment

I've done it from shell and from command line - both cases I've received the above errors.

In any case, Roo needs to work with developer's solutions (our objects) not the solo expenses.roo application only.

Comment

Originally posted by delgad9 View Post
                    Guys,

It works for me...
                    I enabled 1.1.0.M3, and execute two commands:
                    1) roo script expenses.roo
                    2) mvn gwt:run

That's it.

I suggest make sure environment vars are properly set. If carry stuff from old versions this is source of weird errors.

Thx

jD

Note: I worked with the shell not sts

Yea, it works if you only execute the commands that way, the XML files still give me validation errors and I cannot run it via the google eclipse plugin (I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to however).

Comment

Hi larsenje,

The validation errors that you mention might be caused there is a xml-related component in you classpath.

Just make sure this is not the case.

On my box all stages execute fine. No errors in expenses.roo project at all.

Thx
                      jD

Comment

Chief Sientist &amp; Consultant

cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'mvc:default-servlet-handler'.

webmvc-config.xml contains the following errors:
                        <!-- Handles HTTP GET requests for /resources/** by efficiently serving up static resources -->
                        <mvc:resources location="classpath:/META-INF/dojo/" mapping="/resources/dojo/**"/>
                        <mvc:resources location="classpath:/META-INF/dijit/" mapping="/resources/dijit/**"/>
                        <mvc:resources location="classpath:/META-INF/spring/" mapping="/resources/spring /**"/>

<!-- Allows for mapping the DispatcherServlet to "/" by forwarding static resource requests to the container's default Servlet -->

System:
                        eclipse.buildId=2.3.3.201007151000-M2
                        java.version=1.6.0_20
                        java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
                        BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
                        Framework arguments: -product com.springsource.sts.ide --launcher.defaultAction openFile
                        Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product com.springsource.sts.ide --launcher.defaultAction openFile

roo 1.1.0M3

accorrding to previous post the M3 works on spring demo code, well it does not on any oth my apps. My app[ was originally create 4 months ago with 1.1.0.Release and then used M2 and now has a large amount of can not dowwnlopd artifact.

Recreated the entire app, webapp, with M3, perform test - package and eclipse without error. The load into STS 2.3.3xxxx using roo M3 and I have the above errors. It seems to me that many people are having the same problems. So far in 4 months, I have not been able to get any project to give me more than a 404 on the webpage. I am personally getting impatient with STS and spring.

Comment

Have you upgraded to STS 2.5.0M3? That fixed the problem you are describing to me.

Comment

Chief Scientist Consultant

Thank you for a reply, NO, actually did not know about it. I followed the install instructions from the announcements. I will install the STS 2.5.0M3 and see how that goes.

Rick

Comment

Chief Sientist &amp; Consultant

SpringSource Tool Suite

Version: 2.5.0.M3
                              Build Id: 201008251000

(c) Copyright SpringSource 2007, 2010. All rights reserved.
                              Visit http://springsource.com/products/sts

This product includes software developed by the
                              Apache Software Foundation http://www.apache.org

eclipse.buildId=2.5.0.201008251000-M3
                              java.version=1.6.0_20
                              java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
                              BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
                              Framework arguments: -product com.springsource.sts.ide
                              Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product com.springsource.sts.ide

28527 ? Sl 2:20 /opt/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/java -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5 -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -jar /usr/local/springsource_2.5.0.M3_x64/sts-2.5.0.M3//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -showsplash -launcher /usr/local/springsource_2.5.0.M3_x64/sts-2.5.0.M3/STS -name STS --launcher.library /usr/local/springsource_2.5.0.M3_x64/sts-2.5.0.M3//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1. 0.v20100503/eclipse_1307.so -startup /usr/local/springsource_2.5.0.M3_x64/sts-2.5.0.M3//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar -exitdata a2001b -product com.springsource.sts.ide -vm /opt/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/java -vmargs -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5 -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -jar /usr/local/springsource_2.5.0.M3_x64/sts-2.5.0.M3//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar

<!-- Handles HTTP GET requests for /resources/** by efficiently serving up static resources -->
                              <mvc:resources location="classpath:/META-INF/spring/" mapping="/resources/spring/**"/>

Problem still exsist, I can zip up the project and send it to someone. Like I said, created in roo M3. Actually, I have rebuilt this project 5 times since Monday, however it could be me. I just do not know.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X