X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to get connection from driver

I run database introspect --schema myschema and ...
    message error "Unable to get connectio from driver".
    my OS is Windows XP and JDK 1.6.0_18.

What database? Have you specified the correct database.url property, username and password?

Comment

MySql and all the properties are well.

Code:
      #Updated at Wed Aug 25 13:02:26 CST 2010
      #Wed Aug 25 13:02:26 CST 2010
      database.password=
      database.url=jdbc\:mysql\://localhost\:3306\jedisv
      database.username=root
      database.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Comment

You should use a forward slash between the port and the database name.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Argh. I got stung by the same thing.

Also I left the \: in there without specifying the default port. That broke it too.

Comment

unable to introspect or reverse engineer with HYPERSONIC_PERSISTENT

I get the Unable to get connection from driver message
              I ran the install-jdbc-drivers.roo before attempting. Would it be possible to get pre release 1.1.1 pdf documentation?

log.roo file attached

Comment

With HYPERSONIC_PERSISTENT, I assume you have the database running in a different window or service? For example, to access hsql persistent db's, I need to run a command like the following first (in linux):

Code:
                java -cp /home/stewarta/.m2/repository/org/hsqldb/hsqldb/1.8.0.10/hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar org.hsqldb.Server --database.0 file:tmp/roo1696 --dbname.0 xdb

Comment

running HSQLDB in stand alone mode

Hi Alan,

No I was running it in pure standalone mode with the file url. It worked that way in a separate non Spring Roo project that used Hibernate. Should I be running it as a server? Does roo work using a persistent embeded database? I would be using this just during development time

Comment

Regards to the documentation, if you do get the latest code from Git and do a mvn assembly:assembly, it will generate a PDF in and is contained in the distribution zip

Comment

No I was running it in pure standalone mode with the file url. It worked that way in a separate non Spring Roo project that used Hibernate. Should I be running it as a server? Does roo work using a persistent embeded database? I would be using this just during development time
                      I've only been able to connect to hsqlb with a database running in the background. DBRE accesses db's from within the Roo shell, so it needs a live connection. Roo-generated projects on the other hand use the Spring context to spin up a hsql persistent db, like in your database.url. So just because you have the url pointing to a valid database, the Roo shell is not going to start it.

Comment

Thanks Alan,

That straightened me out a lot. After dealing with versioning problems in Hypersonic, I reversed engineered. I am not happy with my new classes, I would like to have them grouped into sub packages;

Can you explain the difference between "database reverse engineer" "database introspect"?

I have run into a snag getting Roo from git to build correctly on Windows7. I am going to try again under Linux.

Thanks again for all the great forum support here.

Comment

The database introspect command displays the database metadata in XML format and also can be saved to a file using the --file option. The database reverse engineer command actually initiates the creation and maintenance of entities based on the metadata.
                          Alan

Comment

db introspect XML metadata format

[QUOTE=Alan Stewart;330659]The database introspect command displays the database metadata in XML format and also can be saved to a file using the --file option. The database reverse engineer command actually initiates the creation and maintenance of entities based on the metadata.
                            Alan[/QUOTE

Alan,

What can one do with this XML file, is it usable by Roo or other frameworks or tools. Is it in a standard format?

Comment

The XML file is only for viewing your schema data. Later today I will be committing a change for https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1749 which will make the XML adhere to the Torque DTD (http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_3.dtd)

Comment

Working...
                              X