• Show
Clear All

• Latest Roo Failure on Simple Start Project using STS

Using the latest sts-2.3.3.M2 & bundled Roo/GWT

I created the simplest possible project following the steps:

http://www.thescreencast.com/2010/05...o-gwt-roo.html

However when I launch the application I get the following Spring errors:

Code:
    [WARN] Server class 'org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-web/3.0.3.RELEASE/spring-web-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
       For additional info see: file:/D:/dev/apps/java/springsource/sts-2.3.3.M2/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.2.1.0_2.1.0.m2-201007091242/gwt-2.1.0.M2/doc/helpInfo/webAppClassPath.html
    [WARN] Server class 'org.springframework.core.io.Resource' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-core/3.0.3.RELEASE/spring-core-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
       For additional info see: file:/D:/dev/apps/java/springsource/sts-2.3.3.M2/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.2.1.0_2.1.0.m2-201007091242/gwt-2.1.0.M2/doc/helpInfo/webAppClassPath.html
    [WARN] Server class 'org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-context/3.0.3.RELEASE/spring-context-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
    [WARN] Server class 'org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-beans/3.0.3.RELEASE/spring-beans-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
    [WARN] Server class 'org.springframework.asm.ClassVisitor' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-asm/3.0.3.RELEASE/spring-asm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
    [WARN] Server class 'com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.DataTransferObject' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-servlet/2.1.0.M2/gwt-servlet-2.1.0.M2.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
    [WARN] Server class 'javax.persistence.EntityManagerFactory' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/javax/persistence/persistence-api/1.0/persistence-api-1.0.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
    [WARN] Server class 'org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
       [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/Users/alan.oleary/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-orm/3.0.3.RELEASE/spring-orm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
    2010-08-22 19:13:21,192 [main] ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx]
    Offending resource: file [xxx\target\xxx-0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\spring\applicationContext.xml]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:80)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.error(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:284)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1332)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1325)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:93)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:493)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:390)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:334)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:93)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:130)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:467)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:397)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:276)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:543)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:136)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1220)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:513)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:448)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher$WebAppContextWithReload.doStart(JettyLauncher.java:447)
    	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.doStart(RequestLogHandler.java:115)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:222)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher.start(JettyLauncher.java:542)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.doStartUpServer(DevMode.java:424)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:1059)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.run(DevModeBase.java:804)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.main(DevMode.java:279)
    Starting Jetty on port 8888
       [WARN] Failed startup of context com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher$WebAppContextWithReload@1595f51{/,xxx\target\xxx-0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT}
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx]
    Offending resource: file [xxx\target\xxx-0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\spring\applicationContext.xml]
    Any Ideas ?

hmm

I was able to get rid of all those errors simply by changing from using DATANUCLEUS

Changed from:

Code:
    roo> persistence setup --provider DATANUCLEUS --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY
    to using this:

Code:
    roo> persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY

Comment

Was that all you changed? I had exactly the same error, but get the same with any combination of database and provider. (although DataNucleus seems to have a lot of other problems too)
      Found, and checked pom.xml but the dependency seems to be there.

I'm stuck now, would be grateful for any thoughts ...

David
      Last edited by dsowerby; Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

And a bit more ...

I switched back to

Code:
        roo> persistence setup --provider DATANUCLEUS --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY
        and now it works. Seems almost as though changing database or provider fixes something. Once I got past that stage, the rest of the example worked fine

One thing to note - I restarted STS after making the change (I had not terminated the previous launch properly).

Comment

hmm,i can't install extension of gwt for ec3.6 from sts extension panle..
          Last edited by sjbwylbs; Aug 23rd, 2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

i had the same problem, already try the above solution, not helping... any other suggestion?

Comment

i think the cause of the problem is this here, but i have no idea how to fix this...
              Code:
              Offending resource: file [C:\workspace-sts-2.3.3.M2\epadmingwt\target\epadmingwt-0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\spring\applicationContext.xml]

Comment

Hi azmeer

It is that causing the problem (it was in trace in the first post on this thread). I don;t know how to fix either I'm afraid, apart from the accidental solution I posted earlier.

It's a pity because even at this early milestone release this looks pretty slick once you get it going.

Comment

Working...
                X