No announcement yet.
Project wont load aspectj : This should be easy.. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project wont load aspectj : This should be easy..

**** EDIT: will try to be a real human being first and research: *****

I am using an HP and a Mac to create SpringRoo projects. the projects work fine on the Mac however I get the following error on the HP:

*I have created projects on the Mac and then imported them on the HP and it changes something as soon as I open the project and I get the same error

I think this should be easy for anyone who knows what they are doing... I do not. I GREATLY appreciate any help as this has me stuck

8/6/10 3:28:01 PM EDT: Build errors for acrinta_draft; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionExcep tion: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile (default) on project acrinta_draft: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Missing:
    1) org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1

Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.aspectj -DartifactId=aspectjtools -Dversion=1.6.10.M1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.aspectj -DartifactId=aspectjtools -Dversion=1.6.10.M1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:
    1) org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0
    2) org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

from the specified remote repositories:
    gwt-plugin-repo (, releases=true, snapshots=true),
    central (, releases=true, snapshots=false)
    Last edited by ashton; Aug 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM.

I am about to try this solution ... see

Yes, I downloaded the jar file from

And I put it in my location the error suggested "the requested artifact is not locally available at C:\Documents and Settings\tsomerville\.m2\repository\org\aspectj\as pectjtools\1.6.10.M1\aspectjtools-1.6.10.M1.jar"

Your path to the local m2 repository will vary based on your maven install and username. But look for the suggested path in the error message.
      The better solution would be to follow that article's advice on adding the
      <name>Spring Maven Milestone Repository</name>
      to your pom.xml file. I bet there might be other good stuff there that we'll need.
      Last edited by tsomerville; Aug 11th, 2010, 05:52 PM.