X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• persistence setup --database choices

I was just wondering how the "--database" property of the "persistence setup" command uses the available choices. Are the choices part of Roo core, or is there a way to extend this and/or allow for creating addons that could provide additional options to the --database property? For example DB2/400 which requires JT400.

They are part of Roo core at the moment. We do support DB2, however it is the user's responsibility to supply the driver as it is proprietary. Does DB2/400 require a different driver than DB2 for Linux and Windows?

Comment

Hi Alan, thanks for your response. Indeed DB2/400 does require a different driver than the standard proprietary DB2 driver. The DB2/400 driver is however free and open source on SourceForge. The latest stable version is the following:

Code:
      <dependency>
          <groupId>net.sf.jt400</groupId>
          <artifactId>jt400</artifactId>
          <version>6.7</version>
      </dependency>
      Also when using Hibernate it requires a different dialect as well.

Code:
      <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.DB2400Dialect"/>
      The driver is "com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver" and the url needs to look like "jdbc\:as400\://host.domain.com"

Comment

I added support for DB2/400 as per new Jira ticket ROO-1165 .

I do not have access to a DB2/400 database and so have no way of testing this, so would you please get the latest Roo code from Git and try it out? I used the Hibernate dialect you mentioned, but had to use the same DB2 dialect for EclipseLink and OpenJPA as their api's do not differentiate between DB2 platforms. Perhaps you can try these two providers as well.
        Thanks
        Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan. I'll give it a try and give you an update via JIRA.

Comment

Hi Alan, I finally got around to getting the source from the git repo, work life and family life keeps me pretty busy. I tried to build it by running "mvn package" but had unexpected results. Mainly, it complained that it couldn't find 3 artifacts, org.springframework.roo.support 1.1.0.M3, org.springframework.roo.shell 1.1.0.M3 and org.springframework.roo.shell.json 1.1.0.M3. I understand that packaging the pom project is what creates those missing artifacts since they're in the target folder. Do I need to install them to my local maven repo?

Maybe I'm missing a step. Your help is appreciated.

Comment

work life and family life keeps me pretty busy.
              Me too!

Try cd-ing to the wrapping directory first and do a mvn clean install. Then do the same in the Roo parent directory

Alan

Comment

Maven is asking me for "GPG Passphrase" not sure what to enter there. If I just hit enter, the build fails.

Comment

Can I please refer you to the section in the Roo readme.txt file, entitled "GPG (PGP) SETUP"?

Any issues after this, please post here
                  Alan

Comment

Alright, so I got GPG installed/setup and successfully built Roo. Now I'm not sure what steps I need to take to use it. I'm not seeing the same directory structure as the pre-compiled M2 release that I've been using. I can't find the roo.sh script for M3.

thanks.

Comment

Hey, it's getting late here but now that you've built Roo from source, you will need to use the "roo-dev" command. See the "RUNNING THE COMMAND LINE TOOL" in the readme.txt file.

Comment

Thanks Alan, I saw that in the readme.txt file and at first it didn't work. I have to confess I quickly skipped over the first step "One-Time Setup Instructions" which is where the symbolic link is created. It's working fine now.

Thanks again for your help. Will be providing feedback in the jira ticket soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X