X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to work with ROO Pojos

This is prob a stupid question, but with all the getter/setter specified inside aspects, how do you actually get and set data from another object that is not ROO managed?

I don't get it.

Ok, you need to use STS and enable the aspectJ tools.

Comment

The get and set may be in the aspects, but they are woven inside the clases at compilation time, that means you can act like if they were inside the class, for example assuming you have a person entity with a name field you can use:

Person p=new Person();
      p.getName();

And it will compile perfectly by using maven, you only need ajdt support if you want code completion to work in eclipse, but not to compile or use Roo POJOS from any place.

regards, Raśl

Comment

Yes, but your ide will be red with errors unless it recognizes the aspects, which STS does. Not sure how you would make a standard Eclipse do that, but I'm sure it's possible.

Comment

Not sure if this is the appropiate place for this, but to make any eclipse recognize the aspects i think you only need to install the AspectJ Development Tools plugin, but you will loose all roo, spring and maven integration STS provides.

Regards

Comment

Watch out for the AspectJ plugin version

Originally posted by raul.arabaolaza View Post
            it will compile perfectly by using maven
            Only if you use version 1.2 or earlier of the AspectJ plugin, or if you apply one of the workarounds provided here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ava-1-6-source

Comment

Working...
            X