X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows vista environment variables and Roo-GWT example

I am trying to get an installation running on a Windows Vista system to test the GWT Roo scaffolding sample demo'ed at Google I/O 2010. I tried to make sure Java 1.6 was operational and then downloaded the STS with Roo and GWT integration, which included a Maven install (I think). I think my STS, Roo, GWT integration was successful. But, to duplicate the sample scaffold of Ben Alex, I can't get a ROO running outside of the STS. They say in the Springsource blog tutorial linked to below: first, create a new directory and run 'roo.'
    But, my windows command prompt lets me know:
    "roo" is not recognized as an operational internal or external command, operable program, or batch file."
    I think my issue was my failure to set my system's PATH and/or Classpath environment variables for my Windows system. For me, this is nontrivial. I don't even know the difference between "path" and "classpath."
    I realize there is a step by step that is posted here http://blog.springsource.com/2010/06...h-roo-and-gwt/
    But, Christian and Ben have assumed in their walk through of the tutorial that we have already correctly made our download and installations complete to be able to run Roo within a "new directory." Similarly, I was unable to follow any other tutorials or get past the fundamental installation on the Windows Vista system.
    Again, I think I just need to know what environment variables to set AND precisely how and where to set them. Importantly, I can open the Edit environment variables with my Windows Vista tool, but I am not sure how I can get them set correctly.

windows vista environment variables and Roo-GWT example

on your vista machine go to start, control panel, system, advanced system settings, environment variables
    Find the Path entry in the list and add the following at the end of the string: ;C:\springsource\roo-1.1.0.M1\bin;C:\springsource\maven-2.2.1.RELEASE\bin

Comment

Thanks

it worked great, I appreciate you taking the time for me

Comment

Working...
      X