Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New community for addon development

Hi,

SpringHispano, by a proposal from Rafael Gutierrez, has created a new comunity (mainly oriented to spanish speacking people) whose aim is to develop roo addons, we´re currently begining and there´s a lot to do, so if anyone wants to be part of this community please take a look in :

http://code.google.com/p/springhispano-addons/

The purpouse of the community is give a central startpoint for those willing to create roo addons and share knowledge, resources and infrastructre among developers whilst allowing each developer to build the addons they want, for the moment there are very little conditions, only about license and package, and maybe they can be changed, so freedom to develop is a key part of this community.

Please tell us what you think or join us if you want anyone is welcome

PS: I don´t know if i can post this here, if there´s some problem please delete this post.

¡Pero no hablo Castillano!

Comment

Hummm, yes, i see your point... To be honest the community is begining and there are no resources yet, so it may be possible to tranlate them to english at creation time, if there´re enough interest, i plan to get serious with coding when the M2 version is released, and this is the time when i plan to document so, if your still interested let me know and i´ll talk to the others to see if we can support english

Comment

hi raul, lo sieto pero mi español tambian es un poco "oxidado" ??

anyway, its great to see addon communities popping up, regardless of the language.. google chrome's translate should fill in some gaps. as the addon features are in their emerging stages and due to roo's blistering pace on development overtaking the documentation sometimes, it would be good to share a list of resources, practices and tips somehow.

there are several things i would like to develop as roo addons and i am in the beginning phases (ie havent properly looked it into yet) so any pointers are greatly appreciated.

saying that your "Test Data Builder Addon" is something I am really looking for at the moment and have been contemplating building as an addon rather than adhoc workarounds, so will keep an eye on how that develops.

Comment

Great initiative. In Spring Roo 1.1.0.M3 I'll be finishing the client-side infrastructure for add-on discovery. It should make it very easy for people to find add-ons then. Are you planning to describe the add-ons in English, though, for the overall OBR index?

Comment

Hi, definitely i´m going to translate all my resources to english (anyway, your spanish is by far better than my english ) but i can´t promise anything about what will do other developers, this include the test builder addon, sorry, i´ll raise the question about the description for the OBR index to try to achieve a general consensus and keep you informed.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X