X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solr lucene search on GAE

Hi, may i know is solr roo feature support in gae? any tutorial on this?

Apache Solr support was added to Spring Roo 1.1.0.M1. The M2 release (due shortly) offers web frontend support. The M1 release was focused on the backend usage.

Comment

Hi Ben,

I am glad to see that Roo has support for Solr/Lucene. But I don't think the original question has been answered on whether Solr is supported with Google App Engine.

I realize that this may not be the right forum for this question, but in the context of Roo, maybe this is a valid question. Can one use Roo M2 to develop a Java app with Lucene implementation to run on Google App Engine?

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
      Luis

Comment

The Roo Solr add-on integrates with an external Solr server. The add-on does not integrate with Lucene directly (although Solr uses Lucene under its hood of course).

Given this I am a little unclear about your question. Can you elaborate?

Comment

example

mean currently in GAE environment, in order to use lucene search, we need an external server in amazon..etc? any example/tutorial?

Comment

Cometta's question is very relevant :
            1. GAE does not support SOLR implementation : solr requires access to the server file system, which GAE forbids
            2. However ROO offers SOLR integration *and* GAE integration

So the question is : has someone implemented ROO/SOLR/GAE implementation yet ? Any example/tutorial/clue ?

Comment

Hi,

I am always very interested by this question..Anybody can share his experience with [GAE + ROO] + SOLR (on dedicated server)...I would have some idea of the design of the application dealing with these features.

Tks,

Comment

Working...
              X