Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a Roo app developed using STS work on plain Tomcat

hi there,

I'm considering using Roo to develop a GWT 2.1x app. I know that the STS bundle includes the Springsource TC server instead of Tomcat.

I'm wondering if after testing with "Tc server", I can deploy the same application in production to Tomcat ? If yes, are there any gotchas I need to know ?

thank you,

BR,
    ~A

Should not be a problem. ROO just creates a regular .war file that will work regardless of the container (in my current project we have the app running with Jetty, Tomcat and Spring TC Server depending on how each developer wants to setup their environment)

Comment

Absolutely. You can run Roo apps wherever. Roo generates a standard WAR file as already mentioned. Also, there is no Roo runtime--the applications Roo helps you create are simply Spring applications, and as portable as any other Spring apps.

Comment

Originally posted by anjanb View Post
        hi there,

I'm wondering if after testing with "Tc server", I can deploy the same application in production to Tomcat ? If yes, are there any gotchas I need to know ?

~A
        you can make a war by mvn package command FYI

Comment

From a dev perspective tcServer and Tomcat are one and the same so you will have no problems

Toby

Comment

Working...
          X