Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo with GWT - Query class name cannot be resolved

Hi,
    I am trying to create a simple roo application with gwt (using the latest versions , OS - Windows 7 64-bit).

I get an exception

Code:
    The Query contains a class-name "Groups" (candidate class, result class, parameter, or variable) yet this cannot be resolved. Please check the name, and the imports for the Query.
    Caused by: org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaSystemException: The Query contains a class-name "Groups" (candidate class, result class, parameter, or variable) yet this cannot be resolved. Please check the name, and the imports for the Query.; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: The Query contains a class-name "Groups" (candidate class, result class, parameter, or variable) yet this cannot be resolved. Please check the name, and the imports for the Query.
    	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryUtils.convertJpaAccessExceptionIfPossible(EntityManagerFactoryUtils.java:312)
    	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.aspectj.JpaExceptionTranslatorAspect.ajc$afterThrowing$org_springframework_orm_jpa_aspectj_JpaExceptionTranslatorAspect$1$18a1ac9(JpaExceptionTranslatorAspect.aj:15)
    	at com.sample.testapplication.domain.server.Groups_Roo_Entity.findGroupsEntries_aroundBody8(Groups_Roo_Entity.aj:100)
    	at com.sample.testapplication.domain.server.Groups_Roo_Entity.ajc$interMethod$com_sample_testapplication_domain_server_Groups_Roo_Entity$com_sample_testapplication_domain_server_Groups$findGroupsEntries(Groups_Roo_Entity.aj:1)
    	at com.sample.testapplication.domain.server.Groups.findGroupsEntries(Groups.java:1)
    	... 47 more
    Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: The Query contains a class-name "Groups" (candidate class, result class, parameter, or variable) yet this cannot be resolved. Please check the name, and the imports for the Query.
    	at org.datanucleus.jpa.NucleusJPAHelper.getJPAExceptionForNucleusException(NucleusJPAHelper.java:264)
    	at org.datanucleus.jpa.JPAQuery.getResultList(JPAQuery.java:179)
    	... 50 more
    Caused by: org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusUserException: The Query contains a class-name "Groups" (candidate class, result class, parameter, or variable) yet this cannot be resolved. Please check the name, and the imports for the Query.
    	at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.resolveClassDeclaration(Query.java:1331)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.query.AbstractJPQLQuery.resolveClassDeclaration(AbstractJPQLQuery.java:328)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JPQLQueryCompiler.compileFromExpression(JPQLQueryCompiler.java:467)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JPQLQueryCompiler.compileFrom(JPQLQueryCompiler.java:347)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JPQLQueryCompiler.compileCandidates(JPQLQueryCompiler.java:263)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.QueryCompiler.executionCompile(QueryCompiler.java:312)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.QueryCompiler.compile(QueryCompiler.java:260)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JPQLQuery.compileInternal(JPQLQuery.java:168)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.executeQuery(Query.java:1457)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JPQLQuery.executeQuery(JPQLQuery.java:239)
    	at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.executeWithMap(Query.java:1398)
    	at org.datanucleus.jpa.JPAQuery.getResultList(JPAQuery.java:163)
    	... 50 more
    Here - "Groups" is the name of my model class.

Can someone help me to fix the issue.
    Thanks.

Not sure what your problem is, but is it intentional that you name your class plurally "Groups" rather than "Group"?

Comment

I face the same issue, using DATANUCLEUS as provider and MSSQL Server as database. If anyone has a workaround please post it.

Thanks
      Shri

Comment

How did you create the class Groups? did you use "roo class ..." or
        "roo entity ..." ?

Comment

Sorry to hijack OP's thread, but I created it using "entity".

Comment

That was my only suggestion... My roo knowledge is pretty small currently.

Comment

Urgent!

I have the same problem!

Please, has someone solved this problem?

Comment

Working...
              X