Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expenses app doesn't work properly

Hi
    I was following the blog instructions to run the expenses app with gwt, using the latest download (2 hours ago) of sts and associated roo.

When I get to the mvn run:gwt the application starts up ok. I launch the app and it starts to run but I keep getting "unexpected server error" and over in the jetty log I get
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Circular view path [resourceNotFound]: would dispatch back to the current handler URL [/app/resourceNotFound] again. Check your ViewResolver setup! (Hint: This may be the result of an unspecified view, due to default view name generation.)

Since I'm a total roo and gwt novice, I haven't a clue about my ViewResolver setup

Any ideas?

The same for me:
    Code:
    00:00:20,313 [WARN] EXCEPTION
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Circular view path [resourceNotFound]: would dispatch back to the current handler URL [/app/resourceNotFound] again. Check your ViewResolver setup! (Hint: This may be the result of an unspecified view, due to default view name generation.) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.prepareForRendering(InternalResourceView.java:275) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:214) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:250) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1060) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:798) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:716) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549) 
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707) 
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:285) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.error(Dispatcher.java:135) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ErrorPageErrorHandler.handle(ErrorPageErrorHandler.java:121) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:274) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:340) 
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:128) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.noHandlerFound(DispatcherServlet.java:965) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:752) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:716) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644) 
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549) 
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707) 
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:285) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126) 
    at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.NormalRewrittenUrl.doRewrite(NormalRewrittenUrl.java:195) 
    at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:159) 
    at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:141) 
    at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:90) 
    at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:417) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088) 
    at org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77) 
    at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088) 
    at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88) 
    at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76) 
    at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:113) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.handle(RequestLogHandler.java:49) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:513) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211) 
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380) 
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395) 
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)
    Last edited by Fireball; Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:49 AM.

Comment

The next one when creating reports:

Code:
      00:30:23,986 [ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
      com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:90) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:55) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:208) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.fireEvent(Widget.java:52) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.DomEvent.fireNativeEvent(DomEvent.java:116) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.onBrowserEvent(Widget.java:100) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ValueBoxBase.onBrowserEvent(ValueBoxBase.java:189) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventImpl(DOM.java:1308) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEvent(DOM.java:1264) 
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor50.invoke(Unknown Source) 
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:336) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:217) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:510) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91) 
      at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java) 
      at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214) 
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor46.invoke(Unknown Source) 
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:291) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:541) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:362) 
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:90) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:55) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:208) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.logical.shared.ValueChangeEvent.fire(ValueChangeEvent.java:43) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ValueBoxBase$1.onChange(ValueBoxBase.java:81) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:54) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:1) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:78) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ValueBoxBase.onBrowserEvent(ValueBoxBase.java:189) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:336) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:217) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:291) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:541) 
      at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:362) 
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null 
      at com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordJsoImpl$.set$(RecordJsoImpl.java:171) 
      at com.google.gwt.valuestore.client.DeltaValueStoreJsonImpl.set(DeltaValueStoreJsonImpl.java:333) 
      at com.springsource.extrack.gwt.scaffold.generated.ExpenseEditView_EditorSupport_Impl$1.onValueChange(ExpenseEditView_EditorSupport_Impl.java:32) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.logical.shared.ValueChangeEvent.dispatch(ValueChangeEvent.java:128) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.logical.shared.ValueChangeEvent.dispatch(ValueChangeEvent.java:1) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:78) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.logical.shared.ValueChangeEvent.fire(ValueChangeEvent.java:43) 
      at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ValueBoxBase$1.onChange(ValueBoxBase.java:81) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:54) 
      at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ChangeEvent.dispatch(ChangeEvent.java:1) 
      at ...

Comment

there seems to be an issue within chrome and this app - as I run it in chrome I get the mentioned error, but under firefox everything works fine.

A bit ironic that GWT app won't work properly in Chrome, yet I guess everything will be sorted out - these are just first steps on a long road. Hope to see that tutorial working in the future - as for me the gui gwt launching plugin still fails, I had to build the project by mvn and then launch by mvn gwt:run in console. I hoped the shiny button will solve the problem, but it didn't

Comment

For me the problems occurs in Firefox, I din't test it with Chrome.

Comment

I did test it with both and in fact I got it in firefox too, but only on startup (on page load), and error was only displayed in console, no sign of it in browser.
            I was referring to the problem with adding new entries to the tables, sorry if that was a bit confusing. Still, despite the error on page load the application works just fine - just like it worked at the I/O presentation.

Comment

sts - GWT expenses - datanucleus enhancer cannot enhanced classes

It doesn’t seem to work on windows7 with STS 2.3.3.M1.

I cannot run it, from the eclipse right click run web application (i have a problem with datanucleus enhancer – cannot enhanced classes).
              I seems i cannot build the project under eclipse, with the maven builder activated which launch the datanucleus enhancer process.

If i launch the command in sts or in command line with mvn gwt:run it works.

===
              What its weird its works under mac os x snow leopard. I did the same thing.

PS: i had the same issue

But it was my maven repo which was corrupted, in the M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml , i specified another repo.
              Relaunch the mvn gwt:run by command line and it was working.

Comment

Did you try the following:

1. Before running the application right-click on the project and go to Google > Web Toolkit Setting. Ensure that you have Use Google Web Toolkit enabled and 'Use default SDK' option checked. Click OK. Don't know what it changes, since the settings seem to be proprt by default, but it looks like the apply only after clicking ok. Wierd.

2. Right click on the project once again and choose Maven > Enable Dependency Management.

This should do the trick, for me it did (Win 7 x64, JDK for 32 bit systems and STS 2.3.3.M1 and GWT 2.1).

I did have a problem with it, but I found a screencast that presents the detailed step-by-step process of installing and configuring STS and GWT and creating sample project (the very same expenses app to be precise). Feel free to use the provided link to the mentioned screencast.

I do feel that it deals with the necessary details that are not mentioned on Spring Team blogs nor any Spring site. Sometimes small things matter, at least for me they did.

Comment

Originally posted by fungin View Post
                  there seems to be an issue within chrome and this app - as I run it in chrome I get the mentioned error, but under firefox everything works fine.
                  You are right, it does not work with Chrome. And it works with Firefox and IE8.

Comment

I am getting the problem too with Chrome but FireFox runs fine.

And I have been try to update from STS hoping there would be some release to fix the problem. Well, at least I got one browser working so I can test things out.

Thanks guys.

Comment

javax.servlet.ServletException

I see the same problem with GWT 2.0.4, on Windows 7, IE8 and Chrome , Firefox. Although no problem with the functionality, but the error is still on the console.

[WARN] EXCEPTION
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView.prepareForRendering(InternalResourceView.j ava:292)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceVi ew.java:214)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView. render(AbstractView.java:250)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. render(DispatcherServlet.java:1063)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:801)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
                      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:707)
                      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:729)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:405)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispa tcher.java:285)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.error(Dispatc her.java:135)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ErrorPageErrorHandler.ha ndle(ErrorPageErrorHandler.java:121)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java :274)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java :340)
                      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.send Error(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:128)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. noHandlerFound(DispatcherServlet.java:968)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:755)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
                      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
                      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:707)
                      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispa tcher.java:285)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispa tcher.java:126)
                      at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.NormalRewrittenU rl.doRewrite(NormalRewrittenUrl.java:195)
                      at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handle Rewrite(RuleChain.java:159)
                      at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRule s(RuleChain.java:141)
                      at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.proc essRequest(UrlRewriter.java:90)
                      at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter .doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:417)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
                      at org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFil ter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:7 7)
                      at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilte r.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
                      at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFi lter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java :88)
                      at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilte r.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
                      at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityMana gerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManager InViewFilter.java:113)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:360)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.handle (RequestLogHandler.java:49)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:505)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.he aderComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:513)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
                      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:380)
                      at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:395)
                      at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run (QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Comment

Update on the error

Although I am seeing this error multiple time, But here are couple of findings:
                        1. Use fire Fox 3.68 or above to for the application, For some reason if i open the application in IE8 or Chrome I get the error, but if i open the application in Firefox, i dont get this error .

2. When deploying Remove the Existing Target directory produced during deployment

3. A whole bunch of error (screen shot attached) will show in the deployment Window. They do not affect the output .

Comment

Working...
                        X