Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Roo Project error in STS 2.3.3.M1

At the STS with Google Integration page, it mentioned:

After downloading and installing STS 2.3.3, use the "Extensions" tab to install GPE and DN. Then get started in seconds by clicking File > New > Roo Project. On the screen that follows enter a project name of "hello" and a package name of "com.hello". Then interact with STS' inbuilt Roo shell.
    I followed this instruction, and at the second step of creating project, after clicking Finish, the roo shell executed some command but had some errors. I could not read the entire message since it blinked off too fast, but I did see some word like "null". And it looks like the first command execution is causing error, which should be the "project --topLevelPackage com.hello".

I tried to enter the same "project" command in console, and it works fine. Thanks in advance.

This issue is resolved by importing the Roo project I created from console into STS, and STS informed me to enable Weaving. After restarting STS, I'm able to create the Roo project.

Comment

This is the error message:

Code:
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at java.lang.String.replace(String.java:2207)
      at com.springsource.sts.roo.ui.internal.wizard.NewRooProjectWizard$1.execute(NewRooProjectWizard.java:258)
      at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)
      at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
      at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
      I have enabled jdt weaving and still it gives me this error when trying to create a Roo project.

Edit:
      After changing the compiler compliance settings from 1.6 to 1.5 the exception is gone.
      Last edited by volker rachow; May 23rd, 2010, 02:32 AM. Reason: Problem resolved

Comment

Thanks for raising this.

I fixed this in trunk and it will make it into 2.3.3.M2.

Cheers, Christian

Comment

Working...
        X