Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
roo-1.1.0M2 + GWT + GAE + Set = cannot find symbol : class SetRecord Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roo-1.1.0M2 + GWT + GAE + Set = cannot find symbol : class SetRecord

Hi

I've got a problem with manipulating Set/HashSet with a roo project (gwt+gae)

Here the minimal script :

Code:
    project --topLevelPackage com.myproject
    gwt setup
    persistence setup --provider DATANUCLEUS --database GOOGLE_APP_ENGINE 
    entity --class com.myproject.Person
    field set --fieldName friends --element com.myproject.Person --class com.myproject.Person
    Then : mvn compile

I've got this error :
    Code:
    [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR : 
    [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
    [ERROR] /tmp/problem/src/main/java/com/myproject/gwt/request/PersonRecord.java:[8,32] cannot find symbol
    symbol  : class SetRecord
    I don't understand why SetRecord isn't generated ... What can I do to fix it?

Anzymus

I have the same issue

i am using hibernate persistence with hypersonic , so it seems it is not something related to the persistence

the SetRecord is not generated along with BooleanRecord

so is there a work around ? or do i have to wait to the next milestone?
    thanks
    Joe

Comment

I think since current version of Spring-Roo is not final /stable one, GWT support is beta (or alpha) stage - I found many things supported for Spring-MVC is not supproted for GWT (set, boolean as primitive, enums, calendar, not sure many-to-one reference is working)

Comment

we are asking for a work around

Hi dear
        actually it is obviuos it is alpha stage , this is pretty clear even fron the release version name 1.1M1
        we are seeking a work around to test it

the missing classes are referenced by the generated code, so it is not a problem about feature support, it is a missing build step

Joe

Comment

Trolling around in the google bikeshed sources, I am not sure they support anything other than simple String and Integer types right now?

Comment

hi
            it sems that this guy managed to get clinic.roo to work with gwt setup
            http://www.emforge.net/web/akakunin/...hen-30-minutes

Joe

Comment

I don't think so. If you run his example none of the relationships work.

Originally posted by fawzyj View Post
              hi
              it sems that this guy managed to get clinic.roo to work with gwt setup
              http://www.emforge.net/web/akakunin/...hen-30-minutes

Joe

Comment

Yes, I managed to at least to run it (with commenting many parts not supported - including set)

But yes, even after run many parts not working (like works with relations)

So, it is in very early alpha stage - but at least it provide some vision about how it will work - and it looks great (waiting for stable release)

Comment

As you've determined, Roo 1.1.0.M1 is using GWT 2.1.0.M1 features which are very early stage as far as request factory goes. This means many common primitives and collections are currently unsupported. Don't worry, it's a priority for GWT 2.1.0.M2 and Roo 1.1.0.M1 - both expected towards the end of June. The M1 releases were to show you where we're heading, and to resolve many of the important issues required to run GWT apps (like GAE support, Maven support, POM setup etc). Please bear with us. It will be worth it! :-)

Comment

I'm also experimenting this same issue with BigDecimal properties. It complains that ~.gwt.request.BigDecimalRecord is not found.

Comment

Hi,

I had the same problem; When you have a oneToMany relation then the child member attribute is probably a set.
                      suppose you have Invoice -> InvoiceDetails; Then replace everywhere in the generated code "SetRecord" with "InvoiceDetailRecord" and you're set. Apparently a bug.

rgds,
                      K.

Comment

There's already a bug report for this, please upvote it!

https://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-1070

Comment

roo bug

I think there are problem to create a class for Set and HashSet, I create a project to see the diferents between Roo 1.0.2 vs 1.1.0M2, and the relations that use Set has no created by gwt after the run of the command "gwt setup"
                          name.tuliopa.gwt.request.SetRecord cannot be resolved.

Comment

Set support for Roo/GWT

Originally posted by Ben Alex View Post
                            As you've determined, Roo 1.1.0.M1 is using GWT 2.1.0.M1 features which are very early stage as far as request factory goes. This means many common primitives and collections are currently unsupported. Don't worry, it's a priority for GWT 2.1.0.M2 and Roo 1.1.0.M1 - both expected towards the end of June. The M1 releases were to show you where we're heading, and to resolve many of the important issues required to run GWT apps (like GAE support, Maven support, POM setup etc). Please bear with us. It will be worth it! :-)
                            Hi Ben,

Long time no see.

has there been any update on the Set support for gwt setup ? do you think it will be in the forthcoming M3 release ?

Another on this thread mentioned that it is just a build issue, and that the GWT framework is supporting it. (Perhaps a question for Ray .. ) Is there an example of it working, all be it static ? Would love to get cracking on a Roo/Gwt app, GWT being what I always use these days and Roo just seems to fit well.

cheers
                            Ramon (ex Sydney)

Comment

Please Follow ASAP

Hi Ben,

Same as rBuckland, I'd really like someone to pass any information about this issue onto the user community...

I'm using GWT 2.1.0.M2 and Roo 1.1.0.M2 and still experiencing the same issue

Is it fixed somewhere on some branch, that I could use...?

thanks in advance

f

Comment

Working...
                              X