X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project structure: Maven, GWT, other aspects

GTW uses a different package style than maven. But IMO GWT is just an aspect of an application not the dominating part. Others may see this different because the view layer is dominated by GWT?

So projects generated by ROO with the default maven style are better than using the GWT style, right?

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Fireball

GWT doesn't dominate the structure of the project. It's still a Maven project. The main differences are you end up with a /war directory for the convenience of the development mode server, plus you use mvn gwt:run and Run As > Web Application in STS. Aside from that I believe it's basically the same. What specifically were you thinking of?

Comment

I was talking about this: http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/we...ageConventions

We have to use GWT in a new project and I am diskussing this topic with my collegues.

Roo would be perfect to do the basic work and let us concentrate on the business logic but it's not easy to convince everyone. And the default gwt project doesn't use maven. :-(

Comment

It's true a default GWT project does not use the Maven directory structure. But if you create a project with Roo, even after using "gwt setup" you still have a Maven directory structure - which is what most people want to keep. So I think your project team should be quite happy, as they'll end up with a Maven structured project if they use Roo to help with GWT.

Comment

Working...
        X