X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple working GWT demo?

Does anyone have a working gwt demo? I tried this simple script but got errors either with "mvn gwt:run" and with "mvn jetty:run":

Code:
    // Spring Roo 1.1.0.M1 [rev 3a0b8a3] log opened at 2010-05-19 22:27:00
    project --topLevelPackage com.hra.roogwt
    persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY
    hint
    entity --class ~.domain.Person --testAutomatically 
    field string --fieldName name --notNull 
    field number --fieldName age --type java.lang.Integer --notNull 
    hint
    hint gwt
    gwt setup
    hint
    quit
    // Spring Roo 1.1.0.M1 [rev 3a0b8a3] log closed at 2010-05-19 22:30:17
    Any hints what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,
    Fireball

I'm new to roo, but you might check out http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ro-first-steps

You might need to do a:
    roo> perform package

Comment

BTW, I tried mvn jetty:run, but got this error

Code:
      2010-05-19 16:56:32.001:WARN::/hello/timers/1
      org.apache.tiles.impl.CannotRenderException: JSPException including path '/WEB-INF/views/timers/show.jspx'.
              at org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:692)
      mvn tomcat:run worked for me.

Jim

Comment

It's not working. Here is a really simple script:

Code:
        // Spring Roo 1.1.0.M1 [rev 3a0b8a3] log opened at 2010-05-20 20:45:03
        project --topLevelPackage com.test.roogwt
        persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_PERSISTENT 
        entity --class ~.domain.Person --testAutomatically 
        field string --fieldName name --notNull 
        field number --fieldName age --type java.lang.Integer --notNull 
        gwt setup
        perform package
        quit
        // Spring Roo 1.1.0.M1 [rev 3a0b8a3] log closed at 2010-05-20 20:49:48
        Neither "mvn tomcat:run" nor "mvn jetty:run" is working. I always get the following error:
        Code:
        type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Circular view path [index]: would dispatch back to the current handler URL [/roogwt/app/index] again. Check your ViewResolver setup! (Hint: This may be the result of an unspecified view, due to default view name generation.)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.prepareForRendering(InternalResourceView.java:275)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:214)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:250)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1060)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:798)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:716)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
        	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
        	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.NormalRewrittenUrl.doRewrite(NormalRewrittenUrl.java:195)
        	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:159)
        	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:141)
        	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:90)
        	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:417)
        	org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77)
        	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
        	org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
        	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
        	org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:113)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.26 logs.
        Am I missing something?

Cheers Fireball

P.S.: OS is Windows 7

Comment

Last time I checked with the roo-dev branch I had to do a mvn gwt:run

it would take me to http://127.0.0.1:8888/ApplicationSca...127.0.0.1:9997

The irony of running the app was that I was on Ubuntu 64 bit linux with Google chrome and I could not run the app in dev mode as 64 bit linux version of chrome is not supported by Google (yet)

Comment

I just adopted clinic.roo sample to use GWT

Hi! You can check small howto in my blog: http://www.emforge.net/web/akakunin/...hen-30-minutes

Cannot say everything working - but at least it may be used as some start-point

Comment

I am getting the following error when I do 'mvn package':

[ERROR] The import org.springframework.roo.addon.gwt cannot be resolved

Is anybody else is getting the error or know how to fix it? I am using spring-roo-1.1.0.M1 .

Comment

I found the reason why I was getting the error. The org.springframework.roo.annotations-1.1.0.M1.jar file does not contain RooGwtMirroredFrom.class . I manually added this class (can be found in the roo download) to local maven directory's org.springframework.roo.annotations-1.1.0.M1.jar, then the problem went away. I wonder how come other people did not get this error.

Comment

Well with gwt:run I got the following error:

Code:
                  00:00:18,281 [ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
                  com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:90) 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:55) 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:208) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.fireEvent(Widget.java:52) 	at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.DomEvent.fireNativeEvent(DomEvent.java:116) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.onBrowserEvent(Widget.java:100) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventImpl(DOM.java:1308) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEvent(DOM.java:1264) 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor32.invoke(Unknown Source) 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:336) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:217) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:510) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91) 	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java) 	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214) 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source) 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:291) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:541) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:362) 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:90) 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:55) 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:208) 	at com.google.gwt.app.place.PlaceController.goTo(PlaceController.java:43) 	at com.teamware.roogwt.gwt.ui.PersonListActivity.createClicked(PersonListActivity.java:65) 	at com.google.gwt.valuestore.ui.AbstractRecordListView$1.onClick(AbstractRecordListView.java:75) 	at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ClickEvent.dispatch(ClickEvent.java:54) 	at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ClickEvent.dispatch(ClickEvent.java:1) 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:78) 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager$HandlerRegistry.access$1(HandlerManager.java:55) 	at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:208) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.fireEvent(Widget.java:52) 	at com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.DomEvent.fireNativeEvent(DomEvent.java:116) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget.onBrowserEvent(Widget.java:100) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventImpl(DOM.java:1308) 	at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEvent(DOM.java:1264) 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor32.invoke(Unknown Source) 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:336) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:217) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:510) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91) 	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java) 	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214) 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source) 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:291) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:541) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:362) 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: com.google.gwt.dev.shell.HostedModeException: Something other than an int was returned from JSNI method '@com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordJsoImpl::getInt(Ljava/lang/String;)': JS value of type undefined, expected int 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JsValueGlue.getIntRange(JsValueGlue.java:266) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JsValueGlue.get(JsValueGlue.java:144) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeInt(ModuleSpace.java:242) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeInt(JavaScriptHost.java:75) 	at com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordJsoImpl$.getInt$(RecordJsoImpl.java) 	at com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordJsoImpl$.get$(RecordJsoImpl.java:77) 	at com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordImpl.get(RecordImpl.java:42) 	at com.teamware.roogwt.gwt.request.PersonRecordImpl.getAge(PersonRecordImpl.java:79) 	at com.teamware.roogwt.gwt.scaffold.generated.PersonEditView_EditorSupport_...
                  Last edited by Fireball; May 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Almost the same problem:

When clicking on "Create pet" I get a bunch of errors in PetEditView_BinderImpl.java

Comment

Strange, after rebooting and just running gwt:run for the clinic application and no other desktop application it's working now. I'am wondering what application could conflict? Perhaps a running eclipse with gwt plugin?

My test application isn't running, the same error occurs.

Comment

Port conflict maybe? jps is your friend. :-)

Comment

I also can't run any simple Roo/GWT application. The application obviously always fails when any of my domain entities has a field of any type other than String or Date.

When my Entities only have String or Date fields, everything is fine. When I add e.g. an Integer, Float or a reference to another entity, I get errors like this:

Code:
                          com.google.gwt.dev.shell.HostedModeException: Something other than an int was returned from JSNI method '@com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordJsoImpl::getInt(Ljava/lang/String;)': JS value of type undefined, expected int
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JsValueGlue.getIntRange(JsValueGlue.java:266)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JsValueGlue.get(JsValueGlue.java:144)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeInt(ModuleSpace.java:242)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeInt(JavaScriptHost.java:75)
                          at com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordJsoImpl$.getInt$(RecordJsoImpl.java)
                          at com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordJsoImpl$.get$(RecordJsoImpl.java:77)
                          at com.google.gwt.valuestore.shared.impl.RecordImpl.get(RecordImpl.java:42)
                          at com.mycompany.myproject.gwt.request.TestEntityRecordImpl.com_google_gwt_valuestore_shared_Record_get(TestEntityRecordImpl.java)
                          at com.google.gwt.valuestore.ui.PropertyColumn.getValue(PropertyColumn.java:51)
                          at com.google.gwt.valuestore.ui.PropertyColumn.getValue(PropertyColumn.java:1)
                          at com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.Column.render(Column.java:163)
                          at com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellTable$1.emitHtml(CellTable.java:412)
                          at com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellListImpl.setData(CellListImpl.java:273)
                          at com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellTable$1.setData(CellTable.java:359)
                          at com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellTable.setData(CellTable.java:689)
                          at com.google.gwt.valuestore.ui.AbstractRecordListActivity$2.onSuccess(AbstractRecordListActivity.java:102)
                          at com.google.gwt.valuestore.ui.AbstractRecordListActivity$2.onSuccess(AbstractRecordListActivity.java:1)
                          at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.client.impl.AbstractJsonListRequest.handleResponseText(AbstractJsonListRequest.java:57)
                          at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.client.impl.RequestFactoryJsonImpl$1.onResponseReceived(RequestFactoryJsonImpl.java:68)
                          at com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:287)
                          at com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder$1.onReadyStateChange(RequestBuilder.java:393)
                          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor49.invoke(Unknown Source)
                          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:336)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:217)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:510)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
                          at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
                          at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214)
                          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor42.invoke(Unknown Source)
                          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:154)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:291)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:541)
                          at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:362)
                          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
                          Sometimes this happens within an UmbrellaException.

Any advice appreciated...
                          Last edited by joe_leads; May 25th, 2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the same for me. Theoretically it's working but there must be some issues related to this topic. The clinic example has the same problems.

Comment

Well, look at this: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-865

:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X