X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo Generated UI

As a non-developer I wanna know how to change the look and feel of a Roo project to make it similar to our prior project. I work in a start-up which is planning to use Roo for all its future project. And I have been assigned the task of changing the look.

I can edit the Css and thats all I have been able to do. ( I am newbie to designing also) I searched around for material regarding changing Roo's look but all I got were regarding the development stuff.
    I will greatly appreciate any help in this regard.
    Some of the stuff I have figured out is:-
    1)Changing CSS
    2)Changing Menu for views
    3)Changing messages of some dojo component.

I wanna know:-http://forum.springsource.org/images/smilies/confused.gif
    1) Dojo root address
    2)Changing the layout
    3)Changing menu and body statements
    4)Changing error message and tooltip dialogs.($fieldname thing)etc
    Am discovering new things everyday so a little guidance or some detailed documentation regarding this will be very helpful for me.

Looking forward to hear 4m u folks

As Roo is using Spring MVC and Tiles for application's presentation layer, you may wanna look into those documentations as well. I am not the expert on those UI stuff, so I can not answer any of your questions in concrete. I hope this hint helps you a bit.

You may find information on Spring MVC within the Spring documentations e.g. http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/spring-framework-reference/html/mvc.html

You may find information on tiles here: http://tiles.apache.org/

I assume you are familiar with HTML and CSS, if not, have a look into it as well.

Comment

I second the suggestion that you should become familiar with both Spring MVC and Tiles. But I don't know if there is a "Spring MVC fore non-developers" book! I would suggest you have your developers explain what you should and should not touch.

Anyway your master layout template is src/main/webapps/WEB-INF/layouts/default.jspx. Look at that and you'll see how a Roo-generated site is put together.

Menu items and labels are stored in messages.properties and application.properties (see here).

hth

Comment

Thanx for the info

I guess Spring MVC is beyond me so I will let the developers deal with it. Have been going through tiles with some(a little) progress.
        So we can include dojo/dijit widgets like tree, dialog box, edit box etc locally by editing the .jspx files?
        And where can I find the values for
        ${tundra_url}
        ${favicon} etc and

entity.create=Create new {0}
        entity.update=Update {0}
        field.simple.validation=Enter {0} {1}

These are from default.jspx and messages.properties. Again beyond me?
        We can change dojo validation locally too?

Comment

where is favicon.ico

And where can I find the values for
          ${tundra_url}
          ${favicon} etc
          src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/tags/util/load-scripts.tagx

the javascript/css resources in in the spring-js-resources.jar
          but I had to remove "/resources" from the definition for favicon.ico
          possibly because 1.1.0 no longer uses urlrewriter.

Comment

Working...
          X