Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first roo project

Hi,
    I tried my first Roo project. It was actually so easy to work with.

I have one problem though. One of my entities' integration test fails randomly.
    java.lang.AssertionError: Data on demand for 'TestEntity' failed to initialize correctly
    The problem here is that failure is random. Sometimes my mvn test just runs successfully. But sometimes it fails. So am just not able to figure out, what could possible be wrong. Any ideas ? Why dod might fail intermittently ?

-Sathya

And just a bit more information about this is i have a few more entities in my project. Only this particular entity fails randomly. After a while if I keep hitting mvn test, is starts passing the tests all the time. This entity is a subclass with one table per class inheritance strategy

Comment

Originally posted by sathyakumar View Post
      And just a bit more information about this is i have a few more entities in my project. Only this particular entity fails randomly. After a while if I keep hitting mvn test, is starts passing the tests all the time. This entity is a subclass with one table per class inheritance strategy
      I switched to MySQL from HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY. Haven't faced the problem yet.

Comment

Just a guess here, but 'Test' is usually a reserved word so you would be better off not choosing this in your class name.

HTH,
        Stefan

Comment

Have you _really_ solved the problem?
          I'm facing the same with Oracle and MySQL.

Comment

I'm also seeing an intermittent failure like this with PostgreSQL 8.3 against Roo 1.0.2.

Comment

It would appear this is because of the testRemove integration test, the changes to the database aren't being rolled back. This results in the random lookup every so often landing on the deleted item that it can't look up from the database. Two factors seem to be in play here, both the order the tests are run in as well as whether or not the random lookup happens to land on the deleted item.

Comment

Working...
              X