Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo on dm server

Hi there,

did anybody try to run a roo application on dm server, yet?

I tried this today with a roo application based on Roo 1.0.1 on dm server EE 1.0.3 (should be equal to dm server 1.0.2) and dm server 2.0.0 but without any luck.

The reason is that roo depends on javax.servlet.jsp.jstl 1.2.0 - which by default is not set to be <scope>provided</scope> in pom.xml!! - but even dm server 2.0.0 ships with javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-1.1.2!

Therefore e.g. the <c:forEach> tag in the generated list.jspx pages fails to render - this can only be derived from the stacktrace in the logfile.

The only solution I currently see for dm server 2.0.0 is to set up a user region which defines a separate environment for the roo application. As I haven't done this before I'd be glad for any hints and help on this issue.

If somebody sees another solution even for dm server 1.0.2 I'd be thankful to hear about.

Many thanks in advance.
    Alex

That sounds like a fairly meaty change to the user region since the web layer of dm Server runs in the user region, but the starting point would be to edit config/com.springsource.kernel.userregion.properties.

Please come across to the dm Server forums if you go that way and hit problems.

Comment

What happened further to this problem? Was anyone able to solve this? If we follow the process of removing roo from the roo application and then osgi-fying this, will it work?

Comment

Working...
      X