X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pagination roadmap?

Are there additional features being implemented around pagination? I thought I remembered some discussions around this but can't find the relevant post or ticket.

In particular I'm curious if you are

a) actively planning changes to your pagination scheme and/or

b) adding pagination to finders?

It should be easy to add the page/size info to the javax.persistence.Query objects returned by the finders. But we don't have easy access to a "total" count, so we can't calculate the number of pages. Would it be useful just to have "previous" and "next" links without knowing the total page count?

(Or, is there an efficient way to get the total possible record count for a jpa query object when executing it with page/size params?)

I am not sure which prior discussion you are referring to. There is a Jira ticket open which outlines some issues with the current pagination approach: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-651

Overall, I think it is usable for now but definitely needs revisiting at some stage.

If you want to help out (ie adding it to the finders or demonstrating your next / previous approach) it would be good if you could just demonstrate your ideas in a Roo generated app. You won't have to code anything Roo addon related, just change an existing app (ie by running clinic.roo) and attach this as a sample to the relevant Jira ticket.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Comment

It's definitely usable now, just not applied to finders. I'll see if I can come up with an approach that works and will post a sample project if I succeed. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X