X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo and OSGi

Has someone looked at packaging Roo applications as OSGi bundles? If so, can they share their thoughts?
    I am confused with:
    1. How does Maven work with OSGi and Roo
    2. How to split the generated code into bundles?
    3. How would AspectJ compiles take place in a bundle?

If these questions do not belong here I apologize.

Regards,
    Raj

I think that's a good question, and I'm interested in the answers too...

Comment

You probably want to look at the Bundlor add-on:

git://git.springsource.org/bundlor/roo-addon.git

The add-on includes an example of using Roo to create an OSGi bundle.

Roo 1.0.x apps all use SpringSource's Enterprise Bundle Repository (EBR) for JARs, and as such they are all OSGi compliant. You need to use Bundlor to make your actual project into an OSGi bundle (ie creating the required manifest).

Comment

Ben,
        Thanks for you answer.
        Looks like the AspectJ/Equinox integration at this point is based upon load-time weaving. Roo used compile time weaving. Will Roo work with AspectJ?
        Regards,
        Raj

Comment

Raj,

I'm currently working on osgi-fying a roo application for dm server. Unfortunately without any luck lately (see this post http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=85643).

Actually it should be pretty easy to turn a roo app into a shared libraries war (see documentation of dm server 2.0.0 for details: http://static.springsource.org/s2-dm...ng-to-osgi-web) .

Unfortunately Roo seems to depend on bundles that are also used by dm server core which cannot be deployed in multiple versions - at least not by default.
          Perhaps you'll like to follow the above mentioned thread as I'm trying to find a solution for this problem there.

Alex

Comment

Working...
          X