Clear All

Originally posted by chino_salta View Post

Error de lectura XML: mal formado
    Ubicación: http://localhost:8080/RooProject/loc...page=1&size=10
    Número de línea 6, columna 20:

for(var i=0;i < ca.length;i++) { ...
    ^
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|

Problems with the "<" simbol...again, this is the only problem, everything else works fine. The cookie function was wraped in <![CDATA[]]> like mikej said.
    Just wanted to clear out on this "strange" message. This is just because the browser doesn't recognize the generated code as XHTML but tries to treat it as pure XML. I don't know for what odd reason it ignores the <![CDATA[ ]]> tags but that is a usual error message of a browser trying to interpret a broken xml file - unfortunately it doesn't give you any hint on the real error that is the reason for the broken rendering. This information is only seen in the log file.

Originally posted by chino_salta View Post
    Oh and i'm getting the error in the webmvc-config.xml (Unexpected parsing XML...) but i remember reading that this is a bug????...
    I get this too. Perhaps christian can investigate further on this. Do you know whether there is a STS Jira for this one already?

Alex

Comment

mikej

I think the message_es.properties i fine, i don't see anything wrong...
      I will try debugging tomorrow at work.

aheusingfeld

i will try changing the encoding.
      And check here for the "...unexpected parsing XML..." in the webmvc-config.xml:
      http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=85387
      http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=83006
      http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=84029

thanks both of you for the reply, i'll tell you how it goes tomorrow with this

Comment

When i do the "perform tests" command from the roo shell within STS, it starts to download things from maven repository, the problem is that for every download i get:
        Code:
        [WARNING] Unable to get resource ..............: Error transferring file: Connection timed out: connect
        every day its the same warning...

Comment

I checked the "Error log" view and i have massive exceptions, mostly on org.eclipse.wst.xml.core plugin...

Comment

i've found some exceptions in the dm server trace.log...too many of them...

Comment

here is the trace.log
              Code:
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              |
              | SpringSource dm Server 
              |
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.000]  Connection(4)-127.0.0.1                                                      pizza.war-0 I Trace configuration: {com.springsource.server.*=WARN, *=INFO}
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.047]  Connection(4)-127.0.0.1    com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.TomcatServletContainer I <SPSC1000I> Creating web application '/pizza'.
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.094] async-delivery-thread-1     com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.TomcatServletContainer I <SPSC1001I> Starting web application '/pizza'.
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.156] async-delivery-thread-1  ource.server.servlet.tomcat.loader.OsgiWebappClassLoader.unknown W The bundle at 'file:///C:/Archivos de programa/SpringSource/dm-server-1.0.2.SR02/work/com.springsource.server.deployer/Module/pizza.war-0/pizza.war' has been skipped as it is in exploded form and a packed equivalent could not be found at 'file:///C:/Archivos de programa/SpringSource/dm-server-1.0.2.SR02/work/com.springsource.server.deployer/Module/pizza.war-0/packed/pizza.war' or 'file:///C:/Archivos de programa/SpringSource/dm-server-1.0.2.SR02/work/com.springsource.server.deployer/Module/pizza.war-0/../../packed/pizza.war'
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.484] async-delivery-thread-1  Base.[springsource.server.catalina].[localhost].[/pizza].unknown E Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener
              java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener
              	at com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.loader.OsgiWebappClassLoader.loadClass(OsgiWebappClassLoader.java:544)
              	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3786)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
              	at com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.TomcatServletContainer.addContext(TomcatServletContainer.java:954)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
              	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
              	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)
              	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:62)
              	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
              	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
              	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
              	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
              	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
              	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
              	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
              	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
              	at $Proxy90.addContext(Unknown Source)
              	at com.springsource.server.web.core.WebModulePersonality.deploy(WebModulePersonality.java:393)
              	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.AbstractModule.deploy(AbstractModule.java:235)
              	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.StandardModule.onStarted(StandardModule.java:572)
              	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.DeployerBundleListener$2$1.run(DeployerBundleListener.java:148)
              	at com.springsource.server.concurrent.core.ExecutorServiceDelegate$StatisticsGatheringRunnable.run(ExecutorServiceDelegate.java:137)
              	at com.springsource.server.concurrent.core.ServerThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ServerThreadPoolExecutor.java:145)
              	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
              	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
              	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

[2010-03-05 11:09:33.484] async-delivery-thread-1  Base.[springsource.server.catalina].[localhost].[/pizza].unknown E Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
              java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
              	at com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.loader.OsgiWebappClassLoader.loadClass(OsgiWebappClassLoader.java:544)
              	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3786)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
              	at com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.TomcatServletContainer.addContext(TomcatServletContainer.java:954)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
              	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
              	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)
              	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:62)
              	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
              	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
              	at $Proxy90.addContext(Unknown Source)
              	at com.springsource.server.web.core.WebModulePersonality.deploy(WebModulePersonality.java:393)
              	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.AbstractModule.deploy(AbstractModule.java:235)
              	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.StandardModule.onStarted(StandardModule.java:572)
              	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.DeployerBundleListener$2$1.run(DeployerBundleListener.java:148)
              	at com.springsource.server.concurrent.core.ExecutorServiceDelegate$StatisticsGatheringRunnable.run(ExecutorServiceDelegate.java:137)
              	at com.springsource.server.concurrent.core.ServerThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ServerThreadPoolExecutor.java:145)
              	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
              	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
              	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

[2010-03-05 11:09:33.484] async-delivery-thread-1  Base.[springsource.server.catalina].[localhost].[/pizza].unknown E Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.484] async-delivery-thread-1                  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.unknown E Error listenerStart
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.484] async-delivery-thread-1                  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.unknown E Context [/pizza] startup failed due to previous errors
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.531] async-delivery-thread-1     com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.TomcatServletContainer E <SPSC1005E> Failed to start web application '/pizza': consult the Server trace.log for further details.
              [2010-03-05 11:09:33.547] async-delivery-thread-1     com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.TomcatServletContainer I <SPSC1002I> Removing web application '/pizza'.

Comment

yesterday the server loaded and showed me the welcome page, today the server can't deploy the .war file...i didn't touch anything from yesterday...

i'm so frustrated, can't get this to work, i mean the project broke himself!!!

Comment

Chino,

to not get yourself confused with too many errors at one time, you should try to run the WAR via "mvn jetty:run"

It is not yet cleared out that Roo is at all able to run on dm server 1.0.2 as it uses some libraries that conflict with the ones shipped with dm server. Among these are Spring 3, jstl and some others. But that's another topic - if you're interested, have a look here http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=85643.

Roo is known to work perfectly on Jetty and Tomcat so you'd better try it with these before testing deployment to dm server.

BTW: If maven moans about a timeout on downloading dependencies there might be issues with your internet connection. Proxy settings needed? Default gateway ok?

Good luck
                  Alex

Comment

Alex,

jetty worked!! thank you, never thought of that

Comment

Roo STS issues with non english computers

It's also worth noting that Roo will refuse to run a second time on sts (that is, it won't work after a second PC reboot after its installation) when using a non english windows OS.

I've been trying to figure out an issue with roo and sts all morning and finally found out that sts & roo get confused with "program files" & "archivos de programa" directory (my os is in spanish).

Moved roo to the root of c: and then reconfigured sts in preferences>spring>roo settings, also changed roo settings for my project as well... now all is working fine.

-Gabriel.

Comment

Working...
                      X