Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sources in Spring repo for 1.0.2 annotations?

In Eclipse/STS, a Roo 1.0.1 project will have the source for the annotations JAR file automatically attached to it. This is very handy when you're unsure what an annotation means or what properties it can have; you can just press <F3> to jump to the source for it.

However if you upgrade that JAR file to 1.0.2 (or use Roo 1.0.2 to create a new project), there's no longer any source attached, presumably because it's not in the Spring M2 repo.

You can attach it manually from the dist folder of the Roo 1.0.2 download, but it would be much more convenient if it was atttached automatically.

Should I log a bug about this?

I just looked into the repo and the sources are there: https://s3browse.springsource.com/br...1.0.2.RELEASE/

So is it possible that your maven download failed or got corrupted? Try a 'mvn clean eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' and check your local maven repo.

-Stefan

Comment

Works now

I just did a "Maven -> Update Dependencies" using the m2eclipse plugin and the sources for that JAR are now correctly attached, whereas yesterday that command didn't help. I don't know what changed in the meantime, but in any case, it's working now. Thanks for investigating.

Comment

"mvn clean" in my experience also causes Maven to reset its cache record of dependency download attempts that failed. So it's always a good command if things are wrong.

I have included in my release procedure notes checking the sources JAR is published and downloadable, so we do take care to ensure they are published and publicly downloadable over HTTP before I announce each new release.

Comment

Thanks Ben.

Comment

Working...
          X