X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 403 Forbidden - URL rewrite

Hi all, I'm setting up a new environment for a client - Spring 3.0 and OC4J 1.3.5. I encountered and resolved the Oracle XML parser issue that stopped deployment altogether.

Now that I can deploy my simple app (generated via Roo), I find I get a 403 Forbidden when attempting to access the root context URL. I have to add 'index' to the URL to access the root index page.

I then find that the standard.css is not loading with a 500 internal Server error.

My suspicions led me to turn on debugging for the urlrewrite filter. The log file is huge and it looks like urls are put through the rules multiple times resulting in a stack overflow. I find the same behaviour if I deploy the sample Petclinic app. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gregor

Gregor, can you try your application with mvn tomcat:run and mvn jetty:run to determine whether it works in these containers? If it does it indicates an OC4J-specific issue. I am aware people have Roo apps working on Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss and WebSphere with Roo's default URL rewriting.

Comment

Hi Alex, I've already tested the same app on Tomcat 6 and it works absolutley fine, so yes it looks like an issue OC4J and the urlrewrite functionality of the Roo app. Can I get the log file to you so you can take a look?

Regards,
      Gregor

Comment

Unfortunately we're probably not able to assist with OC4J-specific issues, as it's very unlikely to be Roo-related. You are welcome to post the log in the hope someone else can help. My advice to you though is to switch to Tomcat. It's much lighter and will give you a better future-proof path to cloud computing (if your app works on Tomcat, it is a stock-standard WAR app and much more likely to work in the next generation of cloud architectures which typically take WARs as their deployment unit - not EARs or other monolithic/excessive deployment models).

Comment

Oc4j

Hi Alex, thans for your reply. I must admit I fully expected this attitude towards OC4J. Unfortunately. my client won't move from OC4J. I've already tried that line. Its a support issue for them. Thanks anyway.

Regards,
          Gregor

Comment

Hi Alex, I have the same problem :S but I want to know if is possible disable the Rewrite that the application run in OC4j 1.3.5, please give me one idea because I have problems :S

Gregor can you resolve this problem in any way?

Regards,
            Diego.

Comment

Same Problem

Bump... I'd like to know if anyone has used Roo on OC4J successfully. It seems that something in the filter chain (most likely having to do with urlrewrite) is giving me nightmares on 10.1.3.5. I totally understand that OC4J sux, but I am in the same position as the OP and cannot do away with it. Anyones comments / help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X