X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Column Sorting - dojox question

We are trying to have our tables be sortable. Can someone tell me how the dojo libraries are included in roo projects?

It seems that it is being provided by the insight.war but I am having trouble trying to figure out how dojo is implemented to troubleshoot.

When I deploy my roo application, how do I bundle it so that I can include the dojo dependencies with my war?

Dojo is included as part of the Spring JavaScript JAR file, thanks to this POM entry:

Code:
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework.webflow</groupId>
        <artifactId>org.springframework.js</artifactId>
        <version>2.0.8.RELEASE</version>
    </dependency>
    Crack open that JAR file; you'll find the Dojo stuff in META-INF/dojo and META-INF/dijit.

In case you weren't aware, Roo apps can access JavaScript files and other resources located in JAR files thanks to the presence of an org.springframework.js.resource.ResourceServlet in your web.xml file.

Is that what you were asking?

P.S. I'd like to know how to make tables sortable too, so please do post back here once you find out.

Comment

We are trying to get sortable tables into our Roo ap. Tried using the DojoX datagrid but couldn't get the table to show up. We tried adding:
      Code:
      dojo.require("dojo.parser");
      dojo.require("dojox.data.HtmlTableStore");
      dojo.require("dojox.grid.DataGrid");
      dojo.addOnLoad(function() {
        dojo.parser.parse();
      });
      so that we could add the dojox tags directly in. This allowed us to see the table but the dojox.data.HtmlTableStore wouldn't pull any data into the table.

Wondering if anyone has gotten sortable tables working with Spring Roo? Are we going to need to add another Javascript framwork to get this functionality?

Comment

Hello,
        we have the same problem.
        Does anybody some hint?

thanks & best,
        Milan

Comment

Guys,

Does it have to be a dojo implementation?...
          Would you be happy with a non-dojo one. Cause I can come up with two implementations but not necessarily based on dojo. Totaly compatible with Roo ; of course

B. Roogards
          jD

Comment

Go on delgad9 ;-)

Comment

All right, I'll send link asap...

B. Roogards
              jD

Comment

Calling for QA volunteeres for sorting columns web mvc functionality

Hello Folks,

I think, I am ready to roll out first iteration of column sorting... I believe you are going to like it. Lets see

This is the "evolutionary" approach/implementation; totally aligned with Roo Web MVC.

In other to meet-expectations-be-all-on-same-page-and-get-it-right-on-the-first-time. I am asking for your participation on a brief qa session where you-visit-my-exterior-website-try-the-functionality-and-fillup-a-short-survey-right-after.

It'll take 5 min max -really not long-. By using your input I am expecting/hoping deliver first release early next week.

All-right the ball is on your side now.

B. Roogards
                jD

Comment

Hi JD,
                  could you tell a bit more about the project?
                  - is your release an addon?
                  - which JS libs / frameworks do you support?

Thanks,
                  milan

Comment

Hi clandestino_bd,

Thank you for asking...
                    At this point is all the preliminary work before turning it into and addon.
                    In other words is the functionality working on top a real Roo web app. It is a "live demo".

I called it the "evolutionary" approach which is based on jspx. There is a "revolutionary" too which is using a js lib for later time. and is not dojo-based.

If the community shows interest for the evolutionary one. I will continue further development. if not I just trash it out and move on.

Right now is the time to evaluate this implementation. I have up and running the live demo so anybody can try it and see if fits there expectations for "column sorting" functionality.

Any case I have had a lot of fun and have material for another article.
                    B Roogards
                    jD

Comment

jD, how you actually do sorting?

Comment

@Fireball,

Using the db engine...

Thank you
                        jD

Comment

any updates?

Hi,

I'm in the same boat with the other developers on this forum that want the List page to be Sortable and also provide some Filtering to enhance the user experience, any update on the add on that was being discussed? where can I find the live demo for it?

Thanks
                          RK

Comment

hi delgad9, did you continue with building out this add on? where do I find your live demo?

Thanks
                            RK

Comment

@dudeRK,

Since the SR addon api is evolving without supporting a deprecation policy and breaking code on every iteration...

I decided not turning the PoC created into it. However, I truly believe that the foundation built is generic enough for being ported to any api whatever it might be.

Thank you for asking and B. Roogards
                              jD

Comment

Working...
                              X