Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo View Templates (addon or built in)

This is just a passing thought.

Wouldn't it be great to have some thing like more view templates added to roo?

View templates can be cooked up as an addon, but I tend to consider them some thing like addons so they might come one level up (but only affecting the view properties)
    so you could do some thing like view-template default (for core), or view-template xyz.tar.gz for user cooked template which resides in the project dir and is used for that project (or it could be fetched from a remote source, making sure that correct theme gets in). This would only be helpful if it has more to offer than already generated roo jspx (so perhaps a portal like layout, and a minimalistic menu layout would be a good idea)

The primary reason for me at least is that I am finding my self using roo in two different projects and I am expecting to use it even more. But If I 'push in redactor' the code and change UI and then add some more code and want code generation to happen, i find my self doing unnecessary housekeeping of jspx.

If the generated JSPX was using some what more elaborate design from the beginning, it might be very useful for devs who are more concerned about logic but have to show the UI on every client meeting.

I will refine it and post to JIRA if there is interest.
    Last edited by hatim; Feb 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM. Reason: punctuation, more examples

Hi,

This is exactly what I am currently working on. Please see https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-8 and it's list of related Jira issues. Take a look and let us know what you think. It would be great if you could comment there and share some more detailed ideas.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Schmidt View Post
      Hi,

This is exactly what I am currently working on. Please see https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-8 and it's list of related Jira issues. Take a look and let us know what you think. It would be great if you could comment there and share some more detailed ideas.

Cheers,
      Stefan
      Hello, I have latest SVN checkout of roo-dev, How can I use a new template with ROO?

Comment

Working...
      X