X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring roo with JBoss 4.2.2

Has anyone successfully deployed spring roo on JBoss 4.2.2? I am running into classloader issues with the hibernate libraries.

I tried adding a jboss-web.xml:
    Code:
    <jboss-web>
       <loader-repository> 
          com.myapp:archive=myapp.war 
       </loader-repository> 
    </jboss-web>
    Without success. I am getting errors like:
    Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager' defined in file [/usr/local/jboss-4.2.2.GA-src/build/output/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp7492265287971892465myapp-exp.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'entityManagerFactory' while setting bean property 'entityManagerFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file [/usr/local/jboss-4.2.2.GA-src/build/output/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp7492265287971892465myapp-exp.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.AnnotationException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(java.lang.Class, java.util.ResourceBundle, org.hibernate.validator.MessageInterpolator, java.util.Map, org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.ReflectionManager)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:328)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:106)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1305)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1067)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:511)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:450)

Ah jboss and hibernate, you gotta lova that combination.

The problem is that jboss ships with a version of hibernate which is loaded before the one which is shipped with your application. So either change the classloading order or replace the hibernate version in the server.

Comment

Thanks. Upgrading the hibernate is not possible, do you have any advice on the classloader config?

Comment

Working config

I got it working!

In WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml :
        Code:
        <jboss-web>
           <loader-repository> 
              com.myapp:archive=myapp.war
                <loader-repository-config>  
               java2ParentDelegation=false  
            </loader-repository-config>  
           </loader-repository> 
        </jboss-web>
        Add these dependencies to the pom.xml:
        Code:
        <dependency>
        	<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
        	<artifactId>hibernate-search</artifactId>
        	<version>3.0.1.GA</version>
        </dependency>

<dependency>
          <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
          <artifactId>hibernate-validator</artifactId>
          <version>3.0.0.ga</version>
        </dependency>
        AFAIK, the reason these packages are required is to prefer them over the JBoss hibernate packages.

I also needed to remove the log4j.appender.stdout from the log4j.properties file. It was causing the following error:
        Code:
        ERROR: invalid console appender config detected, console stream is looping

Here are a few references I used:

- an excellent article to start with (especially for the links to the jboss wiki and forums):
        http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.com/...-in-jboss.html
        - the hibernate matrix for determining with version is compatible:
        https://www.hibernate.org/6.html#A3

Could someone verify the dependencies are correct? Are there com.springsource.* artifacts that should be used?

Comment

Not so fast

So far everything was working well, but now I am running into this issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-hibernate-ejb

which likely is a hibernate/jboss issue not a spring roo issue.

Comment

Updated URL

Originally posted by jon077 View Post
            The Hibernate matrix for determining which version is compatible: https://www.hibernate.org/6.html#A3
            This has moved to http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Hibe...tibilityMatrix.

Comment

Working...
            X