X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "tags" folder confuses Subversion

Roo web projects contain a src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/tags folder by default. If you commit such a project, Subversion (or at least, the Subversive Eclipse plugin) wrongly assumes that the "tags" folder contains SVN tags. This manifests itself in two ways:
    • in Eclipse's (or STS') "SVN Repositories" view, the above folder has the "flag" icon normally used for an SVN tags folder, not the normal "folder" icon shown for all other folders in the project.
    • more important, whenever you commit an add/edit/delete to a file in that folder, SVN warns you that you are about to commit to a tag, which is normally a useful warning but spurious in this instance.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem, and are there any workarounds? I've discovered that you can't rename the "tags" folder to (say) "tag" or "taglibs".
    Last edited by Andrew Swan; Feb 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM. Reason: Found out that custom tag paths must start with WEB-INF/tags

For me is working fine

I am using subclipse plugin version 1.6.x with STS 2.3 or eclipse 3.5 without any issues .

It would be nice if STS add this plugin by default , then I don't have to install that each time after upgrade to newer version ;-)

Cheers,
    Sid
    p.s. Maybe this issue is related to Subversion itself , I am using Subversion 1.5.1 on Ubuntu 8.04.

Comment

Not an issue with Subversion itself

I tested this with TortoiseSVN 1.6.7 against the same SVN repository, and it worked fine, so I guess it's a bug in the Subversive plugin. I've posted a question in their newsgroup about it.

Comment

Yes, this seems more like a eclipse plugin bug to me than anything else.

-Stefan

Comment

Fixed.

FYI, Subversive bug 303032 has just been fixed in Subversive v0.7.9.

Comment

Working...
          X