Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recently been using Roo working on a Single Web application that is some what small. It looks like now though we really need to expand on that as we have some large server side pieces that need to be put in place. Going back to Andrews / Rods comments earlier I am trying to understand why an ear file is not necessary for separating your business modules from your web modules. How would you do this without and EAR and the Use of EJB's? Do you put the web modules in one WAR and your services and such in another WAR? If so how do they communicate?

Comment

Need ear for using application managed EM in weblogic

I've been playing around with Roo and created a small app using Roo 1.1.m3 to deploy to weblogic 10.3.3.

The problem that I'm running into is that the wls10.3.3 supports JPA1 for container managed EM but my Roo created app uses JPA2.

I came across an article that showed how to use application managed EM in weblogic.
      The article specifies that the use of an ear file is required in order for this to work.

Has anyone gotten this to work without creating an ear file?

I've also tried getting this app to deploy to jboss eap 5.0.1 with completely different set of errors.

Tomcat and Jetty - no problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RickMarr View Post
        I've been playing around with Roo and created a small app using Roo 1.1.m3 to deploy to weblogic 10.3.3.

The problem that I'm running into is that the wls10.3.3 supports JPA1 for container managed EM but my Roo created app uses JPA2.

I came across an article that showed how to use application managed EM in weblogic.
        The article specifies that the use of an ear file is required in order for this to work.

Has anyone gotten this to work without creating an ear file?

I've also tried getting this app to deploy to jboss eap 5.0.1 with completely different set of errors.

Tomcat and Jetty - no problem at all.
        EXACT. Same. Problem. Any solutions to get roo working on 10.3.3?

Comment

Working...
        X