Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Configuration Problem

Greetings,

After running the security setup command, I get the following error when I do a Run on Server in the Spring STS IDE into SS tc 6 container:

Code:
    SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/security]
    Offending resource: file [C:\Program Files\SpringSource\tc-server-6.0.20.C\wtpwebapps\variant-manager\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\spring\applicationContext-security.xml]
    I'm running in a (practically) fresh STS install and my Roo project is trivial: A couple entities and a couple controllers. I've seen other threads addressing similar topics, but the remedies seem very complex. Since I'm working in a more standard Roo environment, is there a quick fix for this?

I need to RTFM

Disregard this thread please

I'm a moron and forgot about the need to run perform eclipse to ensure that the security dependencies are on my classpath in STS.

It's a wonder what five minutes to go get a coffee will accomplish.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the solution. It will help others who use the archive. That error message is a far cry from "run 'perform eclipse' again". :-)

Comment

Working...
      X