Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offering i18n help

Hi,

I'm creating a messages_pt.properties (Brazilian portuguese) for my Roo default messages.
    Does anyone find it valuable to include in future Roo releases ?
    I would be glad to share.

Renato

Stefan is presently reviewing the approach for future localisation bundles. We'd like to make it possible that maintainers can do so without needing to house them in the Roo code base. The main consideration is how we can maintain bundles if the original contributor moves on and we don't have anyone who can update them. We certainly appreciate the wish to contribute, though. I'll leave it with Stefan to share his thinking on how to accept localisation bundles and get them into Roo. We'd certainly like an easy way people can find localisations and use them.

Comment

Renato,

First, thanks for offering the translation of the Roo UI to Portuguese!! This is a great contribution and I am sure it will be a very popular choice!

As Ben mentioned, I am currently reviewing how we can make the installation of language bundles more flexible. This is to ensure, that, not only, I don't have to learn every language under the sun , but also that you have more freedom to add to and change your contribution much more independent of us. I think the best way to approach this is to show you how to develop a very simple addon which would install the language support in a Roo application. I would provide an example and you could simply base your addon on this example. What are your thoughts?

In the meantime, it would be great if you could create a Jira ticket and attach your translation just so we don't forget to let you know once I have completed the sample addon.

Cheers,
      Stefan

Comment

Stefan,

I think that to work on such addon will be a good opportunity for me to learn more about Roo internals.

The Jira ticket: ROO-585

Regards,
        Renato

Comment

Spanish is not my native language, but it is close to Portuguese - I have noticed a mispalcement in the currently supported spanish localization file, so I created a ticket.

ROO-586

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but to add localisation support for Roo shell would be a good feature, what do you think?

Comment

Renato,

Thanks for contributing this and I will need to get back to you in the next few weeks with the sample addon. The wrong doing in the spanish localization will be fixed with the next release. Thanks for letting us know.

-Stefan

Comment

Enrique,

Localization of the Roo shell itself is a nice idea. I think it would be best if you raise a feature enhancement request in our Jira and vote on it. This way we can gauge community interest.

Cheers,
                Stefan

Comment

Ready, ROO-597

Comment

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I am interested in the evolution of this topic.

Renato, we can communicate about it.

Comment

Stefan,

I've updated ROO-585 with a new messages bundle, providing better gender support for portuguese.

Regards,
                      Renato

Comment

Originally posted by pscor View Post
                        Hello, I'm from Brazil and I am interested in the evolution of this topic.

Renato, we can communicate about it.
                        Anytime.
                        Send me a private message if you wish.

Comment

Working...
                        X