X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maven settings.xml

I'm using some configurations in my Maven settings.xml (a repo mirror, some servers, a proxy and a local repository directory) but Roo seems to ignore them... Do I miss something?

If you are using Roo in STS, make sure that the Maven Preferences are set to point to your correct settings.xml. By default, a new workspace uses M2Eclipse's embedded Maven.

Comment

To be honest I'm using Roo from command line... I'm trying to get confident with the tool itself.

BTW, to follow my company conventions I'll need to change source, test, resources and web resources folder (actually we use a parent POM) and I found in this forum we need to reimplement a certain class.

I agree with the convention over configuration paradigm, but I think Roo should try to understand this informations from the POM instead of specifing them by it's own.... just a suggestion.

Comment

If you'd like to log an enhancement request at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO we can look into adding support for parsing the POM and determining the project paths that way. I do agree it's a more natural solution for people than having to reimplement that path resolver.

Comment

I filed an enhancement request, anyway I'm still unable to use the settings.xml in my home folder, it is just ignored, at least for localRepository and proxy directive, I haven't tested the other settings I put there.

Any suggestion?

My OS is Ubuntu 9.04 with Maven 2.0.9 (from .deb package), Sun JDK 1.6 and Roo 1.0.0-rc4 (the one included in STS)

Comment

Can ROO support Maven jar projects? When I change the packaging to JAR and delete the webapp folder under src/main, Roo automatically creates it. If POM parsing is supported by ROO then will this requirement be handled as well? please advise. thank you.

Comment

When you first create a Roo project it is a Maven "jar" project. Only when you execute the first "controller" command will this become a "war" project. If Roo is changing your project to a "war" project, it is likely because you have some web elements in the project.

Comment

I tried deleting all the web contents under WEBAPP. But the next time I start the Roo shell it creates the folder once again, the following is the Roo shell log.
                Code:
                Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP
                It does not change the project properties or the POM packaging though.

Any idea how to stop the shell from recreating this folder?

Originally posted by Ben Alex View Post
                When you first create a Roo project it is a Maven "jar" project. Only when you execute the first "controller" command will this become a "war" project. If Roo is changing your project to a "war" project, it is likely because you have some web elements in the project.

Comment

There is an enhancement request to modify that particular behaviour in https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-197. Please feel free to vote for it if you're interested in seeing it implemented. The empty directory is quite harmless, though, and your pom.xml will build a "jar" unless you install an actual web controller via Roo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Alex View Post
                    There is an enhancement request to modify that particular behaviour in https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-197. Please feel free to vote for it if you're interested in seeing it implemented. The empty directory is quite harmless, though, and your pom.xml will build a "jar" unless you install an actual web controller via Roo.
                    I agree, its annoying but minor. I've voted for it, thanks for your help.

Comment

Is it possible that your controllers are still annotated with @RooWebScaffold? This will generally trigger the generation of Web artifacts and related configurations.

Comment

No, I have deleted all the web content, and Roo does not attempt to re-generate the controllers, just the WEBAPP directory.

Comment

Ah yes, sorry I misunderstood. In that case voting for ROO-197 will help .

-Stefan

Comment

I already did, appreciate your help. I think ROO is a wonderful tool, it would be even better when the new features are kept added to it.

Comment

@Shriblue: do you have a custom maven settings.xml ?!?

@Everyone: still no suggestion for my problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X