Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks to me as if you're missing the Spring Aspects library from your AJDT "aspect libraries" setting.

Comment

That seemed to work. let me see how it goes from here. Thank you so much for your help and patience with me. I'm a new convert from the .net world, so I really do appreciate all your guys' help...

cheers
      Ben

Comment

now the next test is to see if i can run it in my android app

Comment

Well, you can follow this bug, we are thinking through the possible ways of enabling ITD-awareness in pure Java projects (which would solve your initial problem). But we need to carefully consider the ramifications of doing so before we commit to anything:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=299830

Comment

well ok so I can run it in a plain java app, but i can't get it working on an android app... still pluggin away at it...

Comment

I just had a thought. I'm not sure if you have found a solution yet, but this should work:

In your non-aspects project open up the .project file and add the line:
              <nature>org.eclipse.ajdt.ui.ajnature</nature>
              above the line:
              <nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>

Keep all else the same (ie- do not execute the Add Aspect Nature to your project). Save, and close all your editors in ProjectB. And reopen them. You should now have ITD-aware content assist in your editor.

What's going on here is that the Weaving service looks at project natures to determine whether or not weaving should be applied to editors of that project. So, by adding the AJ nature to a project, without doing anything else, you should get the extra functionality, while still being able to compile for android.

If this works for you, then I can create an automated way of doing this.

Comment

Working...
              X