Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making entity pages search engine friendly

Hello,

Looking at the show page, I noticed that the page doesn't populate the metadata correctly. This means that a search engine will index each record with the same title and description. This isn't ideal if there are thousands of records that you want to be searchable with an external search engine.

If one were to follow convention over configuration, one may say that if a field with the names title, description, keywords, author or language exists in an entity, the header of the show and edit pages should have them too.

However, many entities may not have these fields or may use different names (like summary, instead of description). I think perhaps that we need to introduce a new set of Roo annotations (RooTitle, RooDescription, RooAuthor, RooKeywords), which can be used to generate properties or methods on the entity, which in turn is injected in page metadata by JSP (or any other viewing engine).

According to HTML Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 this metadata may also be used to improve the accessibility of web pages in the application (such as the list page).

Does this sound like something that should be done? I can certainly help.

Thanks,
    Werner

This is an area that needs some review. As per your other thread, if you'd be good enough to log a Jira enhancement request Stefan will be able to share his thoughts (he's currently on holidays, thus my suggestion to use Jira so this isn't forgotten in his absence).

Comment

Working...
    X