Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo Missing From STS 3.5.X?

Greetings,

I have recently upgraded my spring tools suite to 3.5.1 and I have noticed that I can no longer create a spring roo project, nor work with an already existing roo project. I am wondering if this is a purposeful change or if perhaps my installation/upgrade of STS was corrupt.

Thanks,

Josh

Okay, so after some more research, I finally came across a snippit of information that was hidden away that answered my question. For anyone who comes in after me with the same question, I will explain what I found so hopefully they are not left wondering like I was.

I happened across the New & Noteworthy page where the updates for STS are described for each release. There under
    Spring Tool Suite & Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.5.0: New and Noteworthy

was the following:
    Spring Roo
    Spring Roo support and the Spring Roo runtime is now installable from the dashboard rather than being directly included in STS.

Aha! And sure enough, I opened up the dashboard, clicked on IDE EXTENSIONS and there it was, Spring Roo!

It would be really nice if this information was placed on the Spring Roo project page itself, where it can be found with a simple google search.

Comment

Working...
    X