X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when I type "exit" (within STS) the ROO shell disappears

After a pleasant day of shaving many unrelated yaks, I now have a comfortable Ubuntu 9.04 STS 2.3.0 / ROO 1.0.0 environment setup and configured just the way I like it in a VmWare linked clone.
    Using STS Dashboard, I create a new Roo project in STS and follow the initial ROO hints (within STS).
    One of the hints ROO suggests (within STS) is to run a Maven test by typing "exit" and then "mvn test".
    The problem is that when I type "exit" (within STS) the ROO shell disappears, and now I can't get the ROO shell (within STS) to appear again such that I can resume entering ROO commands.

Sounds like our hint text needs to be updated. You can run the tests directly within Roo shell these days via the "perform tests" command. You can also take advantage of the STS support and just right-click the project and Run As > Junit Tests.

If you wouldn't mind logging an improvement request at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO to fix the hint text it would be appreciated.

Re not being able to restart the Roo shell within STS, I'll mention it to Christian.

Comment

JIRA ROO-511 created

Originally posted by Ben Alex View Post
      If you wouldn't mind logging an improvement request at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO to fix the hint text it would be appreciated.
      Done (JIRA issue ROO-511)

Re not being able to restart the Roo shell within STS, I'll mention it to Christian.
      The work around is the close the ROO view by clicking it's "X" and then going to Window....Show Views.....ROO Shell. When ROO shell view reappers it again correctly shows the "Open ROO Shell for projects" option.

You can also take advantage of the STS support and just right-click the project and Run As > Junit Tests.
      Just tried this and it works okay. Got a green bar. It's odd however that when I try to view the source code of any of the 9 Junit methods, a box appears that says, "Method xxx not found. Opening Test Class".

Comment

Robert,

tying "exit" will close the Roo shell, indeed. You can always re-open the shell from the project context menu (Spring Tools -> Open Roo Shell) or from the Roo Shell view toolbar action.

Let me know if that helps.

Christian

Comment

Working...
        X