X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo aspectj compilation fails under JDK 8

Under JDK 8, roo project compilation fails for the *.aj files. I am guessing the aspectj-maven-plugin doesn't support JDK 8.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.4:compile (default)

'The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files'

Hi, Where you able to resolve the error. I just encountered the same with aspectj maven compiler on an mvc project.

Comment

I was not able to resolve this issue so I decided to push-in refactor my entire app and remove Roo altogether. I love Roo and its round-trip engineering, but I wanted to work with JDK8 and Gradle for this project, so I had to ditch Roo in this case. I was impressed with how easy it is to remove Roo. I will definitely continue to use Roo because it is a huge productivity boost, especially in the beginning/intermediate phases of a project. I am already missing the code generation . Manually typing up mundane REST crud controllers really sucks.

Comment

Working...
      X