Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipselink 2.0

Hi

I was wondering if you could include eclipselink 2.0 now since its released.

/Carsten

This has been requested under https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-481 for those interested. It's likely too late to include in Roo 1.0.0.RELEASE (we're aiming to release in 36 hours from now).

Comment

Unfortunately we will not be able to update to EclipseLink 2 in time for a Roo 1.0 release since EclipseLink 2 does actually depend on a JPA 2 API. An update to the JPA 2 API does require updates to Hibernate and OpenJPA which currently use the JPA 1 release. Hibernate 3 for example is not JPA 2 compliant.

So we will revisit this issue during the Roo 1.1 releases when we update to use JPA 2.

-Stefan

Comment

EclipseLink 2.0

The EclipseLink 2.0 jar has been packaged in such a way as to eliminate any external dependency on the JPA 2.0 APIs. EclipseLink 2.0 should be fully functional in JPA 1.0 only servers. Are there issues specific to Spring that EclipseLink needs to take into account? What EclipseLink deliverables are you consuming?
        --Gordon

Comment

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your interest in this. We are certainly committed to get EclipseLink working in Roo.

You are asking for specific details of issues I have come across. I have the following dependencies in my classpath:

org.eclipse.persistence 2.0.0
          org.eclipse.persistence.jpa 2.0.0
          org.eclipse.persistence.internal.libraries.antlr 2.0.0
          org.eclipse.persistence.internal.libraries.asm 2.0.0
          javax.persistence 1.0.0

When loading this up in a Roo application I have observed the following CNFE:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.persistence.spi.ProviderUtil

A quick google search on this class reveals it is part of JPA 2: http://java.sun.com/javaee/6/docs/ap...viderUtil.html

Also, I remember my test indicated some CNFE issues for a Hibernate Validator class which we use as implementation for our use of JSR-303. The weird thing was that this issue does not seem to turn up when we used OpenJPA or Hibernate as ORM. Have you tested EclipseLink with JPA 1.0 in conjunction with Hibernate validator?

Please feel free to try it out with a Roo generated application. We are happy about any feedback here.

Comment

EclipseLink 2.0

Thank you for the information.
            Unfortunately due to package splitting limitations EclipseLink does not currently have a solution for running the EclipseLink 2.0 OSGi bundles against the javax.persistence 1.0 bundle. This is something EclipseLink should try and resolve.

I will look into the Validator issue. Someone else has reported something similar recently.

I poke around a bit and get back to you.
            --Gordon

Comment

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for offering some help here. Just let us know if we can help. In case you come across a solution it would be great if you could also comment on http://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-481 with your suggestions so it won't get lost.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
              X