X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo and SCA

I was thinking one of the areas where Roo can provide some value is scaffolding up a Service Component Architecture application (which I believe Spring contributed to, and a Spring binding exists).

The place where Roo comes in would be in pointing to a WSDL and generating the appropriate SCA artifacts (analogous to the JPA entities in current Roo).

Definitely looks like a candidate for a Roo add-on. Although I'm not sure how well SCA fits with Roo's philosophy of productivity.

Comment

I think there are two key features that would be useful:

- Generating the SCA assemblies as by product of Roo's view on a project
      - Scaffolding around client-side services (i.e. given a WSDL or WADL file)

The latter would be useful on its own right for building Spring applications that re-used other services in the cloud.

Other then that, the components you expose in SCA would benefit from what Roo already does in making them easier to write.

The productivity models are slightly different, but I think the target gap would be in the time it takes an SCA developer to get to the point of using the SCA graphical wiring tools. If services are the trend of the future, then making it easy to build those components and generate the necessary elements for calling services has value.

Comment

Working...
      X