Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for source control systems

Hello,

I have used rails in the past and enjoyed the integration its tools has with SVN. Any chance that a future version of the ROO console can automatically add/delete generated files in SVN? This will simplify the experience when one is using a source control system.

Thanks,
    Werner

Hi Werner,

This is an interesting suggestion. It would probably make sense to open a 'new feature' ticket in our Jira regarding this. This way we can track community interest.

Would you be interested in helping out on this? Maybe you can also provide a few more details how you envision this feature to work in the Roo shell.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Comment

What about using maven for this?? SCS integration can be easily achieved this way, and given the fact that Roo´s projects are (for the moment) Maven projects i don´t see any need for a custom addon replicating this functionality.

Regards

Comment

I've separately received a request for some integration with Perforce SCM so that Roo can request a lock before updating files such as ITDs. So the whole SCM integration issue needs some further consideration. A Jira issue would be the right place to do it, though.

Comment

The issue ROO-482 was raised.

There needs to be much tighter integration between Roo and the source control systems. Look at the "-c" and "-g" command line options of the RAILS command-line.

Comment

Working...
          X