X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sts 2.3.0

The roo RC4 announcement mentions STS 2.3.0. When I go to the STS download, it offers STS 2.2.1. Is 2.3 not available and if not, will 2.2.1 be compatible with the latest roo release candidate?

Most probably, no, our best bet would be to wait until the download page is updated.

Comment

STS 2.3.0 is only a few hours away. I should have worded it more carefully in the Roo announcement, but I knew it was very closely following. For Roo RC3 we waited for STS 2.2.1 to be ready before we announced Roo RC3, but for Roo RC4 we were keen to get it out there as there are so many (>90!) fixes and enhancements and we've only got a narrow window remaining until Roo GA (or, more officially, 1.0.0.RELEASE).

Comment

No worries Ben, I think we can wait until STS 2.3.0 while playing around with Roo RC4 which is very nice. I am looking very forward to the release version with full documentation ;-)))) (be carefully this was a joke because there are actually many TDS sections)

Very good work so far!

Cheers Fireball

Comment

I bet a "More documentation " Jira ticket could be the most voted ticket in Roo´s history so far

It´s the first time a see so biiiig interest in documentation before 1.0 release.

BTW, STS 2.3 is now ready to download

Comment

Documentation or lack thereof is going to be the key to the adoption rate of roo. Example projects, even non-trivial, realistic ones, aren't good enough. You don't see how to get from A to Z, because you're looking at Z.

The distinguishing aspect of roo that intrigues me is that it is aware of your manual code changes. (Java edits anyway. Have no clue what happens if you start adding you're own aspects to the mix.) Round trip engineering is a necessity in working with code generating frameworks. Putting "don't touch this block" marker comments doesn't cut it, nor does gratuitous sub-classing.

Comment

Documentation or lack thereof is going to be the key to the adoption rate of roo. Example projects, even non-trivial, realistic ones, aren't good enough. You don't see how to get from A to Z, because you're looking at Z.
              +1 When i have to choose between frameworks existing documentation is a first class concern, at the same level than technical requeriments.

But in this case, i can wait until 1.0

Comment

Don't worry, I hear you! :-) Documentation and associated resources like videos are a key priority. We're delighted there are so few bug reports coming in Roo RC4 as it gives us a chance to get onto the docs. Realistically advanced topics like add-ons won't be ready for 1.0.0.RELEASE but normal usage should be pretty thoroughly documented by then. We also welcome contributions, of course. :-)

Comment

Hi Ben. could you please expand the contributions you´ll like in documentation??

Also I will be happy to try a spanish translation for the docs if you wish.

Regards, Raúl

Comment

Anything really. There are many chapters which are incomplete. I have created an outline structure for the reference guide but we'd appreciate some help writing each individual section. Another approach is to read existing sections and consider diagrams that might help explain the concepts better and contribute those. Any contributions are appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                    X