X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security setup error message could be more helpful

I noticed that you can't use the security setup command before you have any controllers in place. It makes sense, but I would prefer if the error message that you got at first was more helpful.

Currently when you haven't created any controllers yet it says
    Code:
    roo> security setup
    Command 'security setup' not found (for assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER)
    which makes me think I typed the command wrong. Instead it should say something like "You can't set up security yet." or even "You must create a controller before you can set up security."

From a usability perspective we're using command hiding so that people don't see superfluous entries when hitting TAB and going to the trouble of typing in the full command (potentially with multiple command arguments) and then getting an error.

When I separate out Roo's shell and make it Spring Shell I will be revisiting some of these usability issues. It would be reasonable, for example, to hide commands during TAB but have visibility of the command when evaluating potential matches. Thus we could say "'security setup' is a valid command, but is not presently available".

Comment

Working...
    X