Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating custom show method in a crud controller?

I have a typical crud application with controllers generated from the entitys I created using Roo. I'd like to keep all generated actions accept for the show action. How can I create a custom show action while leaving everything else in place? When I tried removing the show action from the generated aj file and placing it in the corresponding java file Roo removed the aj file deleting all the other actions such as delete and update.

How did you remove it from the aj file and included it into the corresponding Java source? Did you use the push-in refactoring in the SpringSource Tool Suite (or the Eclipse AJDT plugin) or did you do it by hand? If you do it by hand it should work as well - you just need to remove the classname from the method declaration.

If you keep having this problem it might make sense to issue the 'development mode' command which will then reveal the exact underlying exception which causes the removal of the aspect.

I have just tried it here and it works for me without any issues.

Cheers
    -Stefan

Comment

I did it by hand but didn't remove the class name from the decleration. WHen I did that everything worked like it should.
      Thanks
      Originally posted by Stefan Schmidt View Post
      How did you remove it from the aj file and included it into the corresponding Java source? Did you use the push-in refactoring in the SpringSource Tool Suite (or the Eclipse AJDT plugin) or did you do it by hand? If you do it by hand it should work as well - you just need to remove the classname from the method declaration.

If you keep having this problem it might make sense to issue the 'development mode' command which will then reveal the exact underlying exception which causes the removal of the aspect.

I have just tried it here and it works for me without any issues.

Cheers
      -Stefan

Comment

Glad to hear its working now .

-Stefan

Comment

Working...
        X