Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
problem with generated entity tests when entities have relationships Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with generated entity tests when entities have relationships

Hi,

I generated a set of entities which have relationships.

For example:

1 Profile <- many Workload

Associations are defined as follows:

@Entity
    @RooJavaBean
    @RooToString
    @RooEntity(identifierField = "id")
    public class Profile {

@NotNull
    private Integer id;

private String profileName;
    }

@Entity
    @RooJavaBean
    @RooToString
    @RooEntity(identifierField = "id")
    public class Workload {

@NotNull
    private Integer id;

private Double forecasted;

private Double actual;

@ManyToOne(targetEntity = Profile.class)
    @JoinColumn(name = "id", insertable = false, updatable = false)
    private Profile profile;
    }
    Workload

When I run the tests, the tests for Profile are OK, bu I get the following failures in the tests for Workload:

Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 6, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.543 sec <<< FAILURE!

testFlush(com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Workl oadIntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0.359 sec <<< ERROR!
    javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: Unable to find com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Profile with id 9

testMerge(com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Workl oadIntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0 sec <<< ERROR!
    javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: Unable to find com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Profile with id 3

testRemove(com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Work loadIntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0 sec <<< ERROR!
    javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: Unable to find com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Profile with id 2

testFindWorkload(com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domai n.WorkloadIntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0 sec <<< ERROR!
    javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: Unable to find com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Profile with id 0

testFindAllWorkloads(com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.d omain.WorkloadIntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0.016 sec <<< ERROR!
    javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: Unable to find com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearch.domain.Profile with id 0

testFindWorkloadEntries(com.gemalto.sstep.mnosearc h.domain.WorkloadIntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0 sec <<< ERROR!

Should these tests work OK out of the box, or do I have to include any extra operations by hand in the test classes?

Thank you very much for your help

Raul

OK.. I'm an idiot

I was manually defining the "id" field, which was already in the @RooEntity annotation, so in the database I had an ENTITY_ID column and an ID column, and the mapping was not being done with the right data...

What I also found is that there are no referenced objects defined in the data on demand. For example if a project has a project manager, this field will be null, same for a project manager who has a set of projects.

I manually added this to the DOD AJ by autowiring the referenced object DOD and in the getNewTransientXXX methid, I add a obj.setYYY(yyyDOD.getRandomYYY()) which works fine... the only issue is that these AJ files are totally regenerated when I modify the corresponding entities.

Comment

Working...
    X