Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should read all of the 1.2 docs, especially the command overview and make a note for every command that is deprecated and peruse the newer ones in their place. The documentation currently unfortunately give conflicting information if you read only certain parts. Read everything.
    Use "jpa setup" instead of "persistence setup", "web mvc scaffold" instead of "controller scaffold", "entity jpa" instead of just "entity" and so on. While the older commands should still work, for some reason they haven't for me, at least not in the nightly builds.

Have you tried the sample project folder in your Roo distribution too?

It took me quite a long time to get into Roo one year ago. The only way is to make small projects with clear goals, use a versioning system for everything and analyze these projects and their settings. Look for the patterns and read up on all the involved Spring frameworks so you're not limited to what Spring generates.

I've been reading "Spring Roo in Action", "Spring in Practice", Spring in Action, Spring Roo 1.1 Cookbook as well as Pro JPA 2 which I needed as I was totally fresh on Spring one year ago.
    Last edited by MiB; Dec 21st, 2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MiB View Post
      Have you tried the sample project folder in your Roo distribution too?

Yes, see my earlier post.

Comment

Well, then I suggest you start a new thread, post all of your roo script file, system details and perhaps vital parts of the project and let the community help you get started.

Actually, all I could see in your earlier posts was
        each of the samples mentioned on the getting started page
        thus not the sample folder.
        Last edited by MiB; Dec 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X