X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regenerating an entity's aspectj?

Is there a way to force Roo to regenerate my entity's aspects? In this case I just want to trigger the same generation that had occurred originally when I did "entity --class ...".

Though I have a Roo shell open while editing my entity's .java file, the generated code appears to be out of sync and this is why I am wondering if there is a "regenerate all decorations" trick.

Comment

Every time you start Roo it does an in-memory computation of what every ITD should have inside it, compares this with what is on disk, and if necessary updates the disk. You don't need to do anything special for this to happen. Just reload Roo and it will therefore do the equivalent of a "clean rebuild" for you.

Comment

My enviroment must have been hosed

OK, that's how I thought it should work. For some reason my Roo environment wasn't updating the ITDs, but I cannot reproduce it so for now I'll file this in the "probably will never know why" department. In the end I went with the nuclear option and restored from backup to a previous working state. The backup feature of Roo = win.

Thanks for the quick response,
        -elliott

Comment

Originally posted by elliottc View Post
          The backup feature of Roo = win
          Yeah, it's funny how such a small feature is so useful. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X