Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with jetty deployment

Dear Forum,

thanks for the great work done on Roo.

However, I have some problem to deploy the petclinic on jetty 7. When installing the war-file in the webapp directory it doesn't start up claiming a missing javax/el/ELContext

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'tilesConfigurer' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/config/webmvc-config.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/el/ELContext
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1395)
    Code:
    mvn jetty:run
    and
    Code:
    mvn tomcat:run
    work perfectly.

1. How do I get maven to weave in these missing classes?
    2. Alternatively, is there a way to use the jetty configuration of Spring roo/maven in a standalone (i.e. not embedded) environment?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I am not a Jetty expert but looking at the Jetty website tells me that the 2.2MB install for Jetty 7 contains only 'core' features. It seems like this does not include JSP 2.1 (and probably a few other APIs and SPIs) which would make it a normal Web container. I guess you need read up on how to achieve that. The javax.el API is part of JSP 2.1.

Here is what I am referring to:

"missing dependencies which may be discovered by using the command mvn dependency:tree within the source module. These dependencies should be placed in the lib/ext directory." (http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/downloads.php)

HTH,

Stefan

Comment

Working...
    X