Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to develop addon

Ben/Stephan,

I am trying to develop an addon that does the following.

1) Listen(s) to the service layer class changes (@service annotation)
    2) Generate controllers/delegates for swiz (actionscript DI framework) for each service class (essentially one-to-one mapping between java service class methods to swiz delegate/controller methods)

I looked at the roo source code and got few basic things about how to start using @ScopeDevelopement annotation. But, I am not able to understand how to listen to the @service class changes. Can you give me some pointers plz ?

Thanks
    Peter

Hi Peter,

First, thanks for your interest in developing a Roo add-on for the swiz project. Unfortunately I am not familiar with that project so I cannot give you specific advise.

Ben is planning to publish the first bits of documentation needed for Roo add-on development very soon. AFAIK he is planning to make his add-on talk slides available next week once he is back from another conference.

If you want to get started immidiately I would recommend you start simple by creating an add-on which has a few commands and installs the required artifacts into the project. As an example you could take a look at the email add-on. As a next step you can learn about Roo's metadata model which allows you to listen for changes in artifacts of interest. For that you could take a look at the JSP add-on. However that is a little more complex and I would definetely wait for some of Ben's materials before digging much deeper.

HTH,

-Stefan

Comment

Hello Ben / Stephan,

I want to develop an add-on for Roo in the context of my master thesis. So I am also very interested in additional information on addon development. Are the slides online already?

Thanks and Greets,
      Andreas

Comment

Hi

If you send me an email (ben dot alex at springsource dot com) I will be happy to send you my "Roo deep dive" slides which represent the most low-level information on writing add-ons at present.

HTH
        Ben

Comment

Working...
        X