Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Foundry Roo Add-On 1.0.0.M1 released

Hi everyone

We've just released Roo's very first third-party add-on, which provides access to Cloud Foundry. If you're using Roo 1.0.0.RC3 or above (or SVN trunk) you can install this add-on and try it out by typing the following command into Roo:

Code:
    addon install --url https://anonsvn.springframework.org/svn/cloudfoundry_plugins/roo/com.cloudfoundry.roo.addon/trunk/releases/com.cloudfoundry.roo.addon-1.0.0.M1.zip
    The ZIP file contains a readme.txt which explains how to use the add-on. But in summary just type "cloud foundry" and press TAB once you've installed the add-on. It's very easy-to-use and quite powerful, as you can deploy your Roo-based application straight to scalable cloud computing infrastructure without needing to even leave the shell. You will need an account from http://www.cloudfoundry.com in order to use it, though.

This add-on also serves as a useful learning tool for those who wish to learn how to develop add-ons themselves. You can re-create this add-on yourself in a mini-tutorial by using "project --topLevelPackage com.cloudfoundry.roo.addon --template ROO_ADDON_PROJECT", editing the Java source code to match what is in the add-on's source code, and finally producing an add-on ZIP file using "mvn assembly:assembly" (or Roo's "perform assembly" command). Then you just need to put the ZIP file on a HTTP server somewhere and you're finished! I'll be explaining add-on development more fully in the future, but this is a good way to get started in the interim.

While the add-on ZIP contains the source code, you're also welcome to anonymously download the source code repository using Subversion:

Code:
    svn co https://anonsvn.springframework.org/svn/cloudfoundry_plugins/roo/com.cloudfoundry.roo.addon/trunk/ com.cloudfoundry.roo.addon
    Have fun!
    Last edited by Ben Alex; Nov 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM.

Thanks Ben

Comment

Trying the command with rev 388 gives me a java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException when trying to connect to server

I“m using java 1.6.0_11, seems a problem with some crypto providers in my JDK, could you please post what version of jdk are you using??

Thanks in advance, Raśl

Comment

Hi Raśl

I'm personally using 1.6.0_16 on Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit.

I recommend you type "development mode" and hit ENTER before trying the command again. You'll then end up with a more detailed exception stack trace. If there's a known issue of this nature it'd be good to get it fixed. Would you mind logging a bug report directly into Jira (including the stack trace) with a reference back to this forum thread? Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ben,

Maybe it“s something related to my jdk (maybe some problem with java.ext.dirs) anyway i“ve created the jira ticket with the full exception trace.

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-353

Regards
          Last edited by raul.arabaolaza; Nov 8th, 2009, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I believe this is now fixed in SVN. Can you please give it a try?

Comment

Last version in trunk (396) works fine now

Comment

Where to find the cloudfoundry-client?

I checked out the sources for the plugin, but the pom has a dependency on net.chrisrichardson:cloudfoundry-client:1.24-SNAPSHOT that is apparently not present in any of the repositories listed in that pom.
                In what repository (if any) can I find this jar? And if there is a public repo that holds it, can that please be added to the pom?

Thanks,
                Joris

Comment

Hi Joris

The CF JARs are not present in any public Maven repo. I built it from CF SVN. You'll need to manually install the JARs into your local repo. They are shipped in the add-on ZIP, though.

HTH
                  Ben

Comment

Roo addon command does not wotrk for CloufFoundry

I tried the command

addon install --url https://anonsvn.springframework.org/...n-1.0.0.M1.zip

And I get the message

Add-ons URLs must end with .zip

I also downloaded the file and tried if with the file:/// protocol and get the same error.
                    I also tried changing the name of the jar file to something simples like roo-cf.zip and still get the same error.
                    I am using Roo 1.0.0.RELEASE [rev 564]

Thanks in advance,
                    Raj

Comment

Ben, thanks a lot of

Comment

Working...
                      X